2065 Shifting servo?

I finally got to run the Summit some today, I shifted into low with no problem but then it wouldn't shift back.

I listened for any sounds when shifting and nothing!

I took off the body and placed the chassis on a block. I moved the Hi-low switch back and forth and nothing. Then I put some pressure on the servo horn, it twitched, then nothing.

I manually pushed the shift shaft to high and left it there for now. I didn't get a chance to do much other troubleshooting but suspect the servo is dead.
    Question: is this a common problem with the 2065 servo?

So far, I've had the steering servos go out on my E-Revo 2.0, the X-Maxx and now the shift servo on the Summit (Most likely.).

Am I just having bad luck or are Traxxas servos prone to fail randomly?

I'm sure the Summit is out of the 30 day warranty period by now, but I've only put about 10-15 minutes on it in total!

The servos in the other cars all went out within the second set of batteries.
    Last edited by USMC1984; 09-10-2019 at 09:11 PM.

RC Competitor
    Call Traxxas, they will often help you out even passed the 30 days warranty. Just remember to register your trucks.
    You have so many of their trucks brand new, they will understand you don't have the time for them all.

RC Qualifier
    Also when you get a new servo, make sure to set the end points for the shift servo as well as the diff locker servos as they arenít set most of the time from the factory. I modified my shift servo to allow for the larger 2085 steering servo from a mini Erevo. You can shoehorn one in if you work at it. And they do have plenty of power to shift to hi/low. Setting the endpoints will also help save the stock shift servos.

Quote Originally Posted by Townie View Post
    Call Traxxas, they will often help you out even passed the 30 days warranty. Just remember to register your trucks.
    You have so many of their trucks brand new, they will understand you don't have the time for them all.
    That's a good point...thanks!

Yesterday was the first time I've ever run the UDR as well...and the 4-tec and Defender still haven't seen a battery, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Also when you get a new servo, make sure to set the end points for the shift servo as well as the diff locker servos as they arenít set most of the time from the factory. I modified my shift servo to allow for the larger 2085 steering servo from a mini Erevo. You can shoehorn one in if you work at it. And they do have plenty of power to shift to hi/low. Setting the endpoints will also help save the stock shift servos.
    Thanks! I'll have to look into how to set them...
    Last edited by USMC1984; 09-11-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Wow! I chatted with Traxxas support just now, told them my situation and they are sending me a new servo!

Turns out I purchased the truck on 8-6 so I was just slightly past the 30 days.

They are definitely keeping my business!

...Now, if only the TRX-6 would get here!

I received my complimentary servo today, the box was a bit bigger than expected...I'm not going to say why except that Traxxas sent a little extra with it.

These guys are great! It's not often a company goes a step further to take care of their loyal customers...Love it!