RC poster

Question slash 2wd help 2.2s or 2.8s

so i wanna drive my traxxas slash 2wd in grass dirt gravel and and the street i am going to be running 3s all the time i have mip xdutys on it. what gearing is best for motor temps ? what are the best 2.8s for roads and so on i want to be able to have long lasting tires should i go traxxas or proline if i get 2.8s whats the best gearing on 3s and if i get 2.2s whats the optimal gearing on 3s what do you guys think the best route /option is ? please let me know thanks

RC Qualifier
    You could get duratrax banditos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    proline badlands or trenchers

RC Qualifier
    If you want better handling and performance, use off-road tire for grass and dirt and onroad tires for onroad surface. I like badlands more but if I have to choose one set for different terrain then I would choose trenchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I would use duratrax pickets, they're like a rally style tire. Probably give you the longest tire life too. Just my 2 cents.

RC Qualifier
    If you're only going to buy one tire, I recommend the proline trencher for what Terrain you described. Do you have the lcg chassis or HCG chassis on your truck? How tall is the grass? This will help in the decision of what size tire to get

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    If you decide to go with 2.8 sized tires on 3s start at 54/12, and check temps. Go up or down on the pinion size depending on your temperatures. 32p gears will better take the abuse that a 3s battery will dish out.

With 2.2 sized short course tires, start with a 15t pinion and go from there. I think this will be a good starting point

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Only way to find optimal gearing is for you to check your motor temps then adjust from there. When your motor is at 160f at the end of your run, you are at or near, optimum gearing.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...