RC Competitor

Proline performance transmission!!! Is it worth it?

Hi, I'm thinking about upgrading to the Proline performance transmission, but is it any good? Cheers
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    Not to be a jerk but haven't you done any searching? I've never seen a person have a good experiance with that product, not once.

After you instal the hr metal diff and idler gear set, along with the team ae slipper set-up drilled out to fit the output shaft of the PL tranns its decent. But that's comming up on 200 bucks, who wants to pay that much when a sc racing kit its only a few dollars more? For the whole kit. :sly:

As far as a racing tranns for a slash goes, this is my set-up
    Hot racing trans case, 30 bucks

Hot racing sealed diff. 20 bucks

I use a traxxas steel idler gear, traxxas steel top gear and an strc layshaft with a 48p team ae slipper set-up with high torque pads and vented hubs.
    Here's what it looks like all put together

Its not the cheapest but I think it kicks the crap outta the PL tranns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Edited for bypassing the language filter.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-03-2013 at 09:20 PM.

+1,pro line trans junk!
    I have over 200 in mine is OK now but still like stock with a sealed diff better.
    But for me the hr trans case wasn't the answer either,it's a great set up.
    But for 29 bucks the rpm is far better then the hr case imo.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by billy-bones; 03-03-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    For a truck that gets bashed, I think your 100% rite, but if your truck will ONLY see a race track the hr tranns case can't be beat. Motor temps dropped to the point where after a whole pack of practice, its barley above ambient temperature. I also like how the whole motor is open for air to flow over it with the hr case And it just looks drop dead gorgeous. Lol.

Not looking for an argument,but race is all I do.
    there is nothing wrong with your setup,it's sweet.
    Just said imo the rpm is better,I race with people who have went from the hr case to the rpm,and some that run both.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911kevin View Post
    For a truck that gets bashed, I think your 100% rite, but if your truck will ONLY see a race track the hr tranns case can't be beat. Motor temps dropped to the point where after a whole pack of practice, its barley above ambient temperature. I also like how the whole motor is open for air to flow over it with the hr case And it just looks drop dead gorgeous. Lol.

RC Racer
    Its all good billy. I agree with almost everything you post up on the forums. I've just had good luck with my hr stuff and think it looks killer.

This week I had some carnage on the track, got hacked during practice, spun half way around in the middle of the track then smashed into by a 4x4 sc. The bolt the goes thru the tranns and rear arm mount broke before the tranns case. Mighty durable if ya ask me.

I'm in no way saying your wrong, there's just multiple options out there for the slash tranns case. Glad your here to get our fellow slashers the best product out, in just putting in my .02 which might not be the best thing. Haha. Just letting people know what I've found out.

I really like the heat sinks on your setup,they really add to the wow appeal.
    It is a nice setup you have there,glad your case didn't break,there made out of a tough composite.
    Its all good billy. I agree with almost everything you post up on the forums. I've just had good luck with my hr stuff and think it looks killer.

This week I had some carnage on the track, got hacked during practice, spun half way around in the middle of the track then smashed into by a 4x4 sc. The bolt the goes thru the tranns and rear arm mount broke before the tranns case. Mighty durable if ya ask me.

I'm in no way saying your wrong, there's just multiple options out there for the slash tranns case. Glad your here to get our fellow slashers the best product out, in just putting in my .02 which might not be the best thing. Haha. Just letting people know what I've found out.

RC Racer
    Thanks man, I soaked them in greased lightning then used a long bolt to polish them with a cordless drill and a rag with some mothers. I tried to get them to match the can of the motor as best I could.

I could see the rpm tranns case being better to use the 3 toe blocks, but I race on carpet so the rear tires have all the traction I could ever ask for. What have the guys who switched from the HR case to the rpm liked better about the rpm? Just asking because there might be something I could avoid with mine.

If any thing,the fact that the rpm motor Gard fit,s on with out problems.
    I run the 0 toe mounts,because my pro track and rpm arms have 3* stock,then I ad .5 with the tekno axles.
    But we run on loss dirt,so we really need that toe in,some guys run 4.5.
    But the Hr is a good case,so the motor protector is about it.
    The rpm case brings the motor temps down well,with the new 4mm aluminum plate,just like the HR.
    Thanks man, I soaked them in greased lightning then used a long bolt to polish them with a cordless drill and a rag with some mothers. I tried to get them to match the can of the motor as best I could.

I could see the rpm tranns case being better to use the 3 toe blocks, but I race on carpet so the rear tires have all the traction I could ever ask for. What have the guys who switched from the HR case to the rpm liked better about the rpm? Just asking because there might be something I could avoid with mine.

RC Competitor
    Well guess what!!! Today one of my outer shafts broke off and now I've decided that if I have too take the transmission out I might as well upgrade it and make it better, so I'm going to get a RPM trans case but I'm not sure of the part numbers for the parts that 1911kevin listed and if there are any other recommendations for internals of the slash trans. Please let me know cheers

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Here is my RPM gearbox with stock Traxxas gears and diff. I also installed the Avid Triad Slipper. So far i've only had a chance to run it once to get everything tuned.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    OK, sweet let me know how it goes!!!

RC poster
    I've just purchased the proline performance transmission but I believe I made a mistake , how do I add a metal spur gear and slipper to this transmission and what parts work ?-

RC Qualifier
    flm super trans and forget it all you need

Another vote here for the FLM super tranny and diff. Well worth the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jak70 View Post
    I've just purchased the proline performance transmission but I believe I made a mistake , how do I add a metal spur gear and slipper to this transmission and what parts work ?-
    I believe the stock traxxas layshaft will fit the pro-line trans. You could then get a metal spur and use a Traxxas slipper or a upgraded slipper with it. I haven't seen metal spurs that fit the pro-line trans.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Pretty sure Ive never heard any good feedback about that tranny. But I wish you luck.

Somehow builds are never done....