RC poster

Question Yay for field repairs!

Hey guys! I got back from torturing my slash's poor suspension, and i noticed at home, the new FL driveshaft that i replaced before the run ALREADY has a little play in the U-joint. The FR driveshaft is about to fail me too, still original without a replacement yet. How do i stop these things from wearing out? .___. I haven't tried oil yet, but i did reduce the bunny starts and the dime stops almost completely this run, and still it's already worn out a little bit. Also, does anyone recommend super-gluing the suspension shaft to the little T-connector that connects the metal shaft to the bottom suspension arm? where the bottom stopper for the spring, sits. I've had them pull apart twice each on the FL and RL connectors. I already have aluminum shock caps *p.s i lost a diaphragm, is this a big problem? If so, which side, front or back, should i have that shock on, to keep running till it arrives? It's on the front currently.*

YAY FOR OBLITERATING MY STUFF
    I like to go fast, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedieGonzales View Post
    Hey guys! I got back from torturing my slash's poor suspension, and i noticed at home, the new FL driveshaft that i replaced before the run ALREADY has a little play in the U-joint. The FR driveshaft is about to fail me too, still original without a replacement yet. How do i stop these things from wearing out? .___. I haven't tried oil yet, but i did reduce the bunny starts and the dime stops almost completely this run, and still it's already worn out a little bit. Also, does anyone recommend super-gluing the suspension shaft to the little T-connector that connects the metal shaft to the bottom suspension arm? where the bottom stopper for the spring, sits. I've had them pull apart twice each on the FL and RL connectors. I already have aluminum shock caps *p.s i lost a diaphragm, is this a big problem? If so, which side, front or back, should i have that shock on, to keep running till it arrives? It's on the front currently.*

YAY FOR OBLITERATING MY STUFF
    I like to go fast, okay?
    Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!!
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    Oil probably is to a bad place to start. It’s amazing how far basic maintenance and lubrication goes on these little machines.