RC Enthusiast

best lipo for rustler 4x4 vxl (common sense rc)

just wanted to give some info on the common sense rc lipos. they have good lipos but only buy their hard case lipos. their soft case lipos suck. ive had multiple 3s hardcase lipos and even after 300 charges they haven't puffed a bit. yes they are a little on the more expensive side but they are well worth the prices. just thought i would give some insight.

I'm sure many people appreciate that information.

Myself? I guess I'm kinda rare around here as I only used Traxxas batteries and have no inclination to do otherwise.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ggonsoulin View Post
    just wanted to give some info on the common sense rc lipos. they have good lipos but only buy their hard case lipos. their soft case lipos suck. ive had multiple 3s hardcase lipos and even after 300 charges they haven't puffed a bit. yes they are a little on the more expensive side but they are well worth the prices. just thought i would give some insight.
    Get a floureon Lipo. They are really powerful and an immense amount of time

RC Competitor
    I'm beginning to get the feeling that "LiPo Discussions" on RC forums are similar to "Oil Discussions" on Motorcycle forums - Lots of strong opinions and anecdotal experience, but not a ton of independent, agreed-upon, data to be able to analyze and have civilized conversations about.

Does Mobile-1 make batteries? ;-)

Just poking a little fun. Please do Carry On...

--BillJ

Quote Originally Posted by Single_Trac View Post
    I'm beginning to get the feeling that "LiPo Discussions" on RC forums are similar to "Oil Discussions" on Motorcycle forums - Lots of strong opinions and anecdotal experience, but not a ton of independent, agreed-upon, data to be able to analyze and have civilized conversations about.

--BillJ
    Yeah the Lipo thing here is pretty strong!

My reasoning has nothing to do with cost or performance. It has everything to do with headache...or lack of by sticking with Traxxas. This way, I only have one company to deal with and won't get into the blame game.

It's also easier as I just look at what battery Traxxas says the vehicle takes...no room for error. Also no connector, charging or size problems either.

Quote Originally Posted by Single_Trac View Post

--BillJ
    You are correct! I have used plenty of different lipo brands. All of them have done me well except two. I have had great success with SMC lipos. Everyone has there own preferences.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!