Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier maxxdigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    253

    Exclamation Back From The Dead: Project MaxxDigger

    Well..... it's been a while. Haven't posted on here for a long time and its over due. I check on the forums regularly but really don't post a lot. See some guys I used to talk to and hope everyone is doing well. It's weird reading back on my threads from as a kid lol. Been on these forums since I was 13, I am now 21. Anyways, I got rid of my collection except for my Slash 4x4 and a first generation Bandit roller. I came across this T-maxx 2.5 for $100 and couldn't pass. It was ran 3 times with an electric conversion kit. So with that said, the transmission has been modified to single speed with no reverse. He took all the electronics out and included some nitro parts including a 3.3 motor. I have a TON of used and new parts laying around that I honestly don't need too much to get it going. I put a new chassis on and realized how funky these ends are looking. So the front and rear end will get stripped down, cleaned and replaced with some new screws and misc. parts. Enough with my talking and away with some pics. I'll show some of my previous trucks below.

    Onwards to Project MaxxDigger (yes my name is MaxxDigger and it fits perfect to this build because most of the parts are from older trucks)





    From when I got my hands on a brand new T-Maxx 2.5r sealed in the box in 2012




    Yeah I still have this plow^^^


    My Original E-maxx 3906s I regret selling, got them when I was 6^^


    Last but not least, the new build




    Cant tell if I am going to run this body? Don't wanna ruin it any more because I can't find them any where

    Thanks if you read up to this point, this build thread will be pic heavy so be sure to check it out for updates!
    Last edited by maxxdigger; 09-11-2019 at 11:36 PM.
    Slash 4x4
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Revo 3.3

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    N Dakota USA
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxdigger View Post
    Well..... it's been a while. Haven't posted on here for a long time and its over due. I check on the forums regularly but really don't post a lot. See some guys I used to talk to and hope everyone is doing well. It's weird reading back on my threads from as a kid lol. Been on these forums since I was 13, I am now 21. Anyways, I got rid of my collection except for my Slash 4x4 and a first generation Bandit roller. I came across this T-maxx 2.5 for $100 and couldn't pass. It was ran 3 times with an electric conversion kit. So with that said, the transmission has been modified to single speed with no reverse. He took all the electronics out and included some nitro parts including a 3.3 motor. I have a TON of used and new parts laying around that I honestly don't need too much to get it going. I put a new chassis on and realized how funky these ends are looking. So the front and rear end will get stripped down, cleaned and replaced with some new screws and misc. parts. Enough with my talking and away with some pics. I'll show some of my previous trucks below.

    Onwards to Project MaxxDigger (yes my name is MaxxDigger and it fits perfect to this build because most of the parts are from older trucks)





    From when I got my hands on a brand new T-Maxx 2.5r sealed in the box around 2014ish^^




    Yeah I still have this plow^^^


    My Original E-maxx 3906s I regret selling, got it when I was 6^^


    Last but not least, the new build




    Cant tell if I am going to run this body? Don't wanna ruin it any more because I can't find them any where

    Thanks if you read up to this point, this build thread will be pic heavy so be sure to check it out for updates!
    Looking forward to the build thread. I’ve only had my 2.5 Maxx for a few weeks, but I’m loving it. I’m hoping to do up a new body and save the original on mine but other than that I don’t feel like I’m going to do a lot to mine build wise ( maybe a more stout steering servo )

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier maxxdigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    253
    Yeah this build will be simple and from stuff I have laying around. Plan is to add a roll cage, big bore shocks, rpm skid plates, 2.4ghz radio and have some like new bodies I can run on it as well. I have 2 new sets of 3.3 wheels that I'm gonna throw 1 set on as well. All that stuff I mentioned is just I have laying around lol I just need to buy a front skid plate and some screws and this should be up and running soon. They are very fun trucks to drive and been a very long time since I've driven one.
    Slash 4x4
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Revo 3.3

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    N Dakota USA
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxdigger View Post
    Yeah this build will be simple and from stuff I have laying around. Plan is to add a roll cage, big bore shocks, rpm skid plates, 2.4ghz radio and have some like new bodies I can run on it as well. I have 2 new sets of 3.3 wheels that I'm gonna throw 1 set on as well. All that stuff I mentioned is just I have laying around lol I just need to buy a front skid plate and some screws and this should be up and running soon. They are very fun trucks to drive and been a very long time since I've driven one.
    I have my recently acquired 2.5T maxx and it is a fun truck to play with. I have a lead on another T Maxx classic for cheap, which may be a parts truck, project or a even a runner. However, the seller doesn’t want to seem to respond.

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier maxxdigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    253
    So the T-maxx got ripped apart again and stripped down. I stripped the front and rear end down, cleaned what ever had dirt on it and assembled the rear back onto the truck with some screws I had laying around that were in ALOT better condition. I also put the rpm rear skid plate on as well. This is how it will sit the next few days.



    The front bulkhead was cracked where the screw went on the front left. So the front is currently stripped and taken apart.

    I ordered a set of black rpm bulkheads for the front, some blue integy springs for my big bores I have laying around that will go onto this truck, and a new front skid plate

    (Those crusty bumpers and wheels will be getting a paint job next lol)
    Slash 4x4
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Revo 3.3

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier maxxdigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    253
    Photobucket ruining my thread Anyways, while waiting for parts on this build I came across this deal I COULD NOT PASS UP !!!!!! Got a T-maxx 3.3 4907 and a Stampede VXL 3608 for $150 !!!! Heres a pic, the plan is to sell the Stampede and keep the T-maxx so now I'll have 2

    Slash 4x4
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Revo 3.3

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier maxxdigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    253
    Well heres an update on the build, everything came in the mail and the truck is still getting assembled. I put on a new front skid plate and new front rpm bulkheads. The Integy springs came in and they look so good on the big bores, can't wait to get these mounted onto the truck!

    Update on the other T-maxx: I picked up that T-maxx and Stampede VXL for $150 and sold the Stampede VXL 2 days ago (a day after I bought it) for $115. So that T-Maxx only cost me $35!!!!!

    Heres some pics of the build and the new set of big bores I had laying around



    Slash 4x4
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Revo 3.3

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,206
    Looks like youíve spent some time cleaning. I was given a T-Maxx. I hasnít run in 13 years. Got the motor and carb freed up but nothing else yet. May need a nitro guy to help me, as Iím an electric guy.


    Somehow builds are never done....

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    N Dakota USA
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Looks like you’ve spent some time cleaning. I was given a T-Maxx. I hasn’t run in 13 years. Got the motor and carb freed up but nothing else yet. May need a nitro guy to help me, as I’m an electric guy.


    Somehow builds are never done....
    I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago, except the T Maxx I acquired was in full running order ( I swapped a Bruahed Slash 4x4 for it. These guys have been very helpful with nitro noob knowledge.

  10. #10
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,206
    My issue is the two speed tranny. I need a transmitter with another channel. Or I can use my quad radio


    Somehow builds are never done....

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    N Dakota USA
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    My issue is the two speed tranny. I need a transmitter with another channel. Or I can use my quad radio


    Somehow builds are never done....
    The two speed transmission is automatic. It shifts on the fly. It is spring lodes and when it spins up to a certain speed. You can adjust the shift point with a set screw inside the transmission case, but you don’t need an additional channel for that.
    What you will
    Need an extra channel for is reverse.

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier maxxdigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    253
    Alright so the truck is still sitting due to needing some stuff. I think I actually plan on selling this one and building the 4907. The motor mount, throttle linkages, and shocks will come off the 4907 and get put onto here. Soooo..... with that said, time to start tearing this thing down and clean it! This thing is soaked in mud.

    Slash 4x4
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Revo 3.3

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    N Dakota USA
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxdigger View Post
    Alright so the truck is still sitting due to needing some stuff. I think I actually plan on selling this one and building the 4907. The motor mount, throttle linkages, and shocks will come off the 4907 and get put onto here. Soooo..... with that said, time to start tearing this thing down and clean it! This thing is soaked in mud.

    Which Grave Digger body is that? Traxxas? Parma?, Pro-Line ?
    Did it come with the decal set ?

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier maxxdigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    253
    It’s a Parma 1/8 Grave Digger body. It does come with a decal set. This came with the truck. If you have a T-maxx 4907 and above, with the extended chassis get the 1/8. If you have a T-Maxx 2.5 get the Parma 1/10
    Slash 4x4
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Revo 3.3

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier maxxdigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    253
    The game has just got switched up. Just picked up a nitro slash 3.3 with 1 run on it for $60 !!!! Let Go app is treating me good. Trying to decide which ones to sell and which ones to keep
    Slash 4x4
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Revo 3.3

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    N Dakota USA
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxdigger View Post
    It’s a Parma 1/8 Grave Digger body. It does come with a decal set. This came with the truck. If you have a T-maxx 4907 and above, with the extended chassis get the 1/8. If you have a T-Maxx 2.5 get the Parma 1/10
    I have the short chassis 2.5. I love the selection of bodies that are out there. Any clue if the bodies for the Axial solid axle Monster trucks will fit the 2.5 Maxx or are those bodies more stampede sized ?

  17. #17
    RC Qualifier maxxdigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    I have the short chassis 2.5. I love the selection of bodies that are out there. Any clue if the bodies for the Axial solid axle Monster trucks will fit the 2.5 Maxx or are those bodies more stampede sized ?
    Yeah I’m pretty sure the axial bodies fit the T-Maxx 2.5 chassis
    Slash 4x4
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Revo 3.3

  18. #18
    RC Qualifier maxxdigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    253
    An update on the trucks, I stripped down my $35 4907 T-maxx and getting ready to clean it. The motor mount, carburetor, and throttle and brake linkages got taken off of this one and will be going on the 4910 build. I have a new motor mount and throttle and brake linkages along with a new carburetor that will be going onto the 4907. Gonna try to put most of the new parts onto the 4907 since I will be keeping this one now instead. Heres some pics of the 4907 build I got going now. Can't wait to finally get this thing all cleaned and running!




    Slash 4x4
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Revo 3.3

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier maxxdigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    253
    Heres a recent update on the Maxx's all cleaned up



    Slash 4x4
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Revo 3.3

  20. #20
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    N Dakota USA
    Posts
    416
    Wow, that’s like fresh out of the box clean looking .

  21. #21
    RC Qualifier maxxdigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    253
    Well, I sold the T-Maxx 2.5 with 3.3. Finished the build on the 3.3 4907 (extended chassis) Been too busy setting up and breaking in my Revo 3.3, anyways, heres how it came out! The plan is to do another huge rebuild in the winter. I plan on getting a new chassis or going to de anodize this one and try polishing it. Along with new receiver box and battery box. But for now I just want to bash this truck along side with my Revo 3.3, I did mention before how I sold the other T-maxx. What ever parts it needed I stole it off this truck and priced the new parts into and added them onto the one I sold. Sooo....this truck has brand new parts such as: Carb, Motor mount, throttle and brake linkages, Fuel Tank and fuel lines, ez start wires, shock oil in all 8 shocks, and of course a brand new glow plug and some fresh AA batteries. I am also using an extra 2.4ghz receiver I had laying around paired to my slash 4x4 remote! Heres a pic of it completed and stay tuned for the rebuild in the winter!

    Last edited by maxxdigger; 10-17-2019 at 10:01 PM.
    Slash 4x4
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Revo 3.3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •