RC poster

Jato 3.3 not starting

I just got a jato 3.3 from my brother, it was running when he last used it. I bought a new remote, turned it on and the wheels immediately turned to the right. I replaced the fuel lines, and cleaned the fuel tank and put new 20% nitro fuel in it. I tried to start it and all I hear is the starter spinning, nothing else. I've had a tmaxx back in the day but know nothing about this jato and have forgot a lot. Thanks in advance.

RC Qualifier
    There are a lot of possibilities here . It could be a bad glow plug.it might be priming.
    This troubleshooting chart is a good place to start.
    https://traxxas.com/support/Troubles...Will-Not-Start

Disconnect the servo horn, turn the transmitter and receiver on and then reconnect the horn after making sure the setting is at "0" on the transmitter.

Secondly, remove the starter and confirm the letters on the one-way bearing are facing the engine.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    I did replace the glow plug and cleaned out the carb. I took off the ez start and everything looked good, sprayed wd-40. I think it's not getting fuel to the carb. I have a fuel pump but not sure where to hook it up to try. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8tylor View Post
    ...I think it's not getting fuel to the carb. I have a fuel pump but not sure where to hook it up to try. Thanks
    Not sure what you are trying to do. No need for an external fuel pump. Fuel pressure is done by exhaust pressure. Make sure there is a fuel line from exhaust pipe nipple to the nipple on fuel fill cap. To prime with ez start you can plug the exhaust outlet with finger as you are turning it over. You should be able to see the fuel move through the line from tank to the carb.