Thread: Upgrade Servo

RC Enthusiast

Upgrade Servo

Hello,

I'm building a new slash 4x4 from parts and need to purchase a servo. I have a couple stock slashes and never really had much issues with the stock servo, but kind of wanted to upgrade this one a little bit. If I get a non Traxxas servo will my TSM stop working?

I was thinking of trying the Power HD WP-23KG servo, but the TSM is important to me.

Any suggestions guys? Thanks for your help!

It is reported that some lower-priced off-brand servos do not like TSM. I prefer using my left index finger and right hand to maintain control of my truck so I don’t have it. Traxxas has stronger offerings than the 2075 so you could check them out.
    The Super Derecho

You have wire a few servo options, as servos made by ProTek, Spectrum, Hitec, Futaba, and other well-known brands, have no problem with the Traxxas TSM. Personally, I've been using a Hitec servo in my Rustler 4x4, without any problems, for approx 7 months.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    You have wire a few servo options, as servos made by ProTek, Spectrum, Hitec, Futaba, and other well-known brands, have no problem with the Traxxas TSM. Personally, I've been using a Hitec servo in my Rustler 4x4, without any problems, for approx 7 months.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    Thanks for the input, which Hitec have you been using?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPotty View Post
    Thanks for the input, which Hitec have you been using?
    Of the top of my head, don't remember the exact model number (just woke up, for one thing). I know it's has a metal case, Ti gears, and is a digital/brushless servo. A quick search of their website has me thinking it's was either the HSB-9360TH, or HSB-9370TH.

~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Enthusiast
    I like protec servos. The protec 100t servo is about 50 bucks and is a huge upgrade from the stock Traxxas servo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    ...Or savox...Stock servo is good, but sooner or later u wil break a middle (plastic) teeth. Aftermarket servos will somehow works with TSM, but my savox acts weird. For hipower servos BEC is recommended

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Savox are meh.

Power hd is just fine.

With any higher power servo, running a BEC is recommended.

I don't, but my esc has an internal bec that can run 7.4v

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    Savox are meh.

Power hd is just fine.

With any higher power servo, running a BEC is recommended.

I don't, but my esc has an internal bec that can run 7.4v
    Which servo do you prefer? I have been using 2075, 2075X and 2075R for years. Always looking for ideas for new parts.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Which servo do you prefer? I have been using 2075, 2075X and 2075R for years. Always looking for ideas for new parts.
    if you like them, that's cool.

I want to get a power hd 23kg as some others mentioned here earlier. I currently have a power hd something, forget which model, but it isn't waterproof. but neither is my esc or my exposed receiver.....

I have a Promodeler on my nitro Revo and really like it. Just out of curiosity and price I bought the Annimos Digital Servo to put in my Sl4sh. It looks very similar to the Power HD and other overseas cheap servos. Installed an external BEC and the jury is still out. Have had some centering issues initially but now it has settled and we'll see about the long-term. I will eventually replace it with a Promodeler DS270.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    I have a Promodeler on my nitro Revo and really like it. Just out of curiosity and price I bought the Annimos Digital Servo to put in my Sl4sh. It looks very similar to the Power HD and other overseas cheap servos. Installed an external BEC and the jury is still out. Have had some centering issues initially but now it has settled and we'll see about the long-term. I will eventually replace it with a Promodeler DS270.
    I'm really curious about the performance of the new Traxxas servos. They are expensive but I have yet to hear from anyone who is currently using one.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Enthusiast
    I'm really curious about the performance of the new Traxxas servos. They are expensive but I have yet to hear from anyone who is currently using one.
    Which new traxxas servo is that Sob?

RC Competitor
    I love my Savox servos. The 1258TG is a monster. Incredibly fast and strong. But, I can’t afford them very often. My other go to servos, that are way more affordable, are *******. $20-$30 for a string, metal geared servo is pretty good. The only problem I ever had was one had a slight click. I popped cover off and found a microscopic flake of metal in the gear train. No biggy.

RC Enthusiast
    After spending too much time I said screw it and ordered a Power HD WP-23KG that came with an aluminum steering horn, Ill give it a go and see how it does.

Thanks for the discussion guys
    Last edited by ScottyPotty; 09-17-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPotty View Post
    After spending too much time I said screw it and ordered a Power HD WP-23KG that came with an aluminum steering horn, Ill give it a go and see how it does.

Thanks for the discussion guys
    Can't help with the TSM question as my truck doesn't have it but I can chime in on the Power HD 23kg. I like it.....throws my 2.8 Trenchers around like nothing. Definite improvement over stock. I run mine off a Hobbywing WP SC8 with a glitch buster but I doubt the GB is even needed. Hope it works out OK for you. Good luck!!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Enthusiast
    I put the Power HD in today, it works fine but is a little noisy. Just FYI for future reference the TSM still works with this servo.