Anyone here familiar with the Hobart Handler® 190 MIG Welder with SpoolRunner™ 100?

I have a little Forney flux core welder that just isn't doing what I need it to...it probably could, but I think I want a more powerful wire feed. FWIW the Forney does thin sheet very well. At 120v it just doesn't have the oomph to do much thicker material.

I had the Hobart in my cart and ready to pull the trigger when I remembered my rewards card was compromised and I'm waiting on the replacement so I have a few days until completing the checkout.
    I figured I'd take that time to see if anyone here had experience with this unit.

It seems to get pretty good reviews on Google and Amazon.

I've never used a spool gun before so any info there is welcomed as well since it comes with one in addition to the MIG gun.

FWIW, I just hobby weld and already have a TIG/Stick/Plasma unit.

RC Qualifier
    I have owned a Hobart mig welder for 15 years, it's the smallest (?) 230v model they had at the time. Forgot to check what model it is exactly but i believe the 210. I do not have a spool gun but i heard they're necessary for welding aluminum. I have had excellent results with this welder.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    I have owned a Hobart mig welder for 15 years, it's the smallest (?) 230v model they had at the time. Forgot to check what model it is exactly but i believe the 210. I do not have a spool gun but i heard they're necessary for welding aluminum. I have had excellent results with this welder.

Thank you!

Good to hear! I'm pretty much set on this unit, but since I'm forced to wait a few days before ordering, it doesn't hurt to get more info from people with experience with the unit.

I used to have a Craftsman 85 amo 110v unit that worked well for me for years until I had to get rid of it. I can't remember exactly who made it now though as Craftsman welders switched manufacturers a few times from what I understand.

It's time for a 220v unit now though.

...Do you have a Charger?

RC Qualifier
    Yes, bought my 69 Charger used in 12/72. Had to trade in my 68 Charger R/T that I bought that same year for $1000. Couldn't afford the ins. premium

Yes, bought my 69 Charger used in 12/72. Had to trade in my 68 Charger R/T that I bought that same year for $1000. Couldn't afford the ins. premium

Cool! I was always an E-body guy, myself...sold the last Challenger to pay for my divorce!

Now, I'm in a new Charger...no more vintage unfortunately.

FWIW, there are a few 68-70-ish Charger bodies in 1/10 floating around, but I doubt they'd fit the Maxx...maybe the Rusty...?

RC Qualifier
    Just checked, my welder is a model 180. I was told they are a generic Miller. Didn't get a spool gun with it, probably couldn't get one now. The Farm and Fleet store here in N. Illinois carried it but I got the best deal from the local welding supply house.

RC Qualifier
    I always liked the 70 and up Cuda/Challengers. Only Cuda i didn't care for was the year they had 4 headlights. (72?) I had a 68 or 69 GTX I bought for $300, raced it for a summer then tore it down to use the HD suspension and brakes to on my plain jane 383 69 Charger then junked it. I'd have to say some of my favorite cars would be the 67 GTX because of the Jimmy Addison "Silver Bullet" street racer and the 70 Cuda because of the "Motown Missile" pro stock.

I always liked the 70 and up Cuda/Challengers. Only Cuda i didn't care for was the year they had 4 headlights. (72?) I had a 68 or 69 GTX I bought for $300, raced it for a summer then tore it down to use the HD suspension and brakes to on my plain jane 383 69 Charger then junked it. I'd have to say some of my favorite cars would be the 67 GTX because of the Jimmy Addison "Silver Bullet" street racer and the 70 Cuda because of the "Motown Missile" pro stock.

Four headlights was the 71...my favorite of them all! LOL.

I agree, my fav's were the E-body Cudas and Challengers (70-74) The 64-69's were A-bodies.