Thread: Used slash

RC Racer

Used slash

What is a good price to buy a new slash 4x4 lcg that just needs lipos?

Used slash as in your title or a new Slash? Used - depending on either the base, Platinum or Ultimate will vary in price but average starts at $300. New - well you won't see much of a price difference regardless if it is online or brick-and-morter.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    I am talkin about a used one. I am trying to sell

Pictures tell the tail, it really depends on what shape it is in and what stuff is on it. "Upgrades" are dubious, and in most cases do not add any value.

What ESC/Motor?

What TX/RX?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    List some details on it and you might get some offers. I'd be possibly interested at the right price.

You need to give a lot more details. What model, upgrades and everything included. If you have a picture, that is even better.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Enthusiast
    I paid $220 for a like new slash vxl. I paid $250 for one with hundreds of dollars in upgrades. I paid $240 for another one with a bunch of upgrades, lipos, chargers etc. I try to buy all my RC's used when I can. (all of these are 4x4)

Right now I'm having a hard time selling a like new in box slash 4x4 for $300, never been run, box all the small parts. So it's pretty hard to give an estimate without knowing what you have.

People are usually not willing to pay much for the upgrades.
    Last edited by ScottyPotty; 09-18-2019 at 08:37 AM.

RC Racer
    Looks like you got some great deals. I used to have people ship thier trucks to me and dye thier chassis and freshen everything up and sometimes i would buy thier trucks. But now shipping is so high its hard to do. I put it in the for sale section. I am open to offers. I have cleaned it up and died the chassis since then. I also want to sell wheels and tires, but i heard you cant on this forum and thats ehy noone sells on here because its hard to getpictures uploaded and mods are always on your back

The price of a new retail product is 50% cost and 50% customer support/warranty. So when selling anything you lose 50% since you don't offer customer support or a warranty. This is why most companies require proof of purchase before you get customer support or warranty service.

Of my 6 assembled vehicles and about 4 that are down to bits in bins only 2 were bought retail new.
    Last edited by zedorda; 09-18-2019 at 05:00 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    The price of a new retail product is 50% cost and 50% customer support/warranty. So when selling anything you lose 50% since you don't offer customer support or a warranty. This is why most companies require proof of purchase before you get customer support or warranty service.

Of my 6 assembled vehicles and about 4 that are down to bits in bins only 2 were bought retail new.
    Well if you are looking to sell PM me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stl View Post
    Well if you are looking to sell PM me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Sorry I don't have any atm for sale. I was just trying to offer you a general way to evaluate used stuff for sale. I often lurk the facebook marketplace for good used slash/stampede for parts or if I am starting a new project.