RC poster

lipo storage frequemcy

hey everyone quick question for a newb here. For how long is it recommended to leave your battery fulle charged? Do you Sotarge charge them after every use and simply fully charge them before using the car?
    Thanks n advance and sorry if this was already posted but could not find it

They can have a full charge for a day, maybe two. Otherwise storage charge and for long-term check monthly.

Fully charge from a storage before use.
    The Super Derecho

Whatever I've charged, I storage-charge then all the following day (unless I have time to storage-charger them the same day), whether I've used them, or not. The sooner you storage-charger the unused ones, there better. While my chargers do have a "storage" setting, when discharging fully-charged packs to "storage", instead of using the charger, I use a dedicated discharger, which is pre-programmed to automatically stop discharging once the pack had reached 3.81-3.85V per cell.

As for storage-charging the ones I used, you should remember that, just because you used them, that does not mean they are within the proper "storage" range - they might still be too high, but they can also be too low. If too low, they could potentially discharge themselves to (or even below) the point of not being able to be charged (thus the reason for checking them monthly when not in-use).

I might also suggest using a 'proper' container for storing your batteries. By 'proper', that doesn't necessarily mean a storage container "specifically designed for LiPo batteries". Sure, you can spend $50-80 on one of those "LiPo storage containers"...or, you can head to your local Harbor Freight Tools, and pick up an ammo storage container for $10. It works just as well, for a LOT less money.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC poster
    Thanks alot. i will start doing storage charge after every ride just to be on the sure side. i ride the truck if not every day every other day. As per the storage bag I ordered 2 of them from Amazon yesterday for $20. The ammo bag sounds like a great idea.
    I thought it will not be an issue to have the batteries fully charge fir lets say 4 or 5 days