RC poster

Is the E-Maxx still relevant????

Hey, So i'm new to this forum and have been out of RC for awhile. Just got my vehicles out of storage after emptying out a storage unit and found my E-Maxx,Rustler,TC4, Boat and a TRX4. The E-maxx is the first EVX-2 edition that does not support Lipo batteries (so i read) wondering if its worth upgrading or keeping?
    Thoughts? i guess its discontinued so im not sure its worth putting money into it or not.
    Thanks

I'm not trying to be a (back side of a human being) or anything, but with a TRX4 you couldn't of been away tooo long...maybe about 15...20 minutes. (lol) If your Emaxx is in good shape (IMPO) I'd keep it and upgrade it to brushless. The parts for a Emaxx are still available and cheap, and a Brushless Emaxx is a great truck to have fun with.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Racer
    Sounds like traxxas is getting rid of the emaxx

Traxxas stopped selling it on their website, but there hasn't been any official word. Most people are adding 2 + 2 and figuring it should equal 4.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    Yeah, I miss spoke when i added the TRX4 i actually just picked that up a few weeks ago after trading a couple computer parts i had lying around. But the other stuff has been in storage for like 3 yrs. From some other forum posts people have suggested i did go out and buy a like new Ruslter 4x4 vxl to play around with. Still undecided with what to do with everything else.

RC Qualifier
    Is the E Maxx still relevant? I don’t know. But even if traxxas stops producing new kits they will probably support parts for a good while.
    I recently picked up an old TMaxx in a trade. Getting into nitro for the first time in 2019. Talk about wuestioning relevance, lol.

RC poster
    Nice, I got out of nitro like 20 yrs ago and just threw out abunch of glow plug starters and misc stuff. a ton of memories. lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by harley75 View Post
    Nice, I got out of nitro like 20 yrs ago and just threw out abunch of glow plug starters and misc stuff. a ton of memories. lol
    I was out of RC entirely around the same time( later college years ) got back into it a couple of years ago and have been strictly bashing since.
    I like the fast easy power of my Brushless rigs , ( 2wd Slash and mini Revo ) but there is something to be said for the tinkering, and tuning on a nitro rig. Regardless, either T or E the Maxx is a sweet, Solid monster truck platform.

Traxxas certainly did not build the E-MAXX in vain. All anyone has to do is read what is written in the E-MAXX forums. After all, the E-MAXX is still one of the best ever R. C. Monster Trucks to have and we can still upgrade parts that were damaged. There are various builds posted in this forum. I don't wonder why any more!
    Last edited by maximum; 09-18-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Last edited by maximum; 09-24-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maximum View Post
    Just saw that the other day. Looks pretty good. Odd that it's 4S though.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

E-MAXX Threads: 40,433
    E-MAXX Posts: 378,002

Hmmm … ?
    Those threads and posts alone says a lot about the E-MAXX. Also, the E-MAXX has been very popular in other forums as well. That statement was necessary to post since I am a participant in another forum regarding Traxxas' E-MAXX!
    Last edited by maximum; 10-09-2019 at 10:19 PM.