RC Competitor

E-revo race ready?

Hello, everyone, I was looking into racing and was wondering if the 2.0 could become a racer? And if so what would I need to do if anything?
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

I may be wrong, but I've heard that most tracks aren't too big on Traxxas cars for competition.

RC Qualifier
    I think the best thing is to see what classes and car types your local race track does

Most race leagues have classes of cars and everyone has to use same cars and or other rules.

I'm sure you can go and just use the track on non races times.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    They have a 1/8 class but it is truggy and buggy so I don't know if the Revo would work so I might just do a slash because the course has a 2wd 4wd short course class.

It is kind of a weird size. Its heavier than an 8th scale buggy or truggy by alot, shorter than a truggy. Doesn't really fit into a specific class.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    The old track I use to race at when I raced nitro way back when had a monster truck class ( almost all Revos)...it quickly phased out. I had my Revo Platinum (nitro "race" Revo). The track owner said he would be happy to let me run in the 1/8th Nitro truggy class. I quickly realized that even though I was a decent racer, I could not keep up with the truggies. I found myself close to last if not last almost every run. A buddy let me run his truggy one weekend and it was just night and day difference in handling, weight and getting in and out of corners. Needless to say, I became a spectator at my local track as I didnt have what would keep up. As others stated hit up your local track and see what they have class wise and what or if they will let you run. Also check what motor specs and battery spec requirements there are to make sure you have the right equipment. With some tuning, the E Revo 2.0 could be fun on the track but not sure how it would hold up vs the newer race proven truggy. If your wanting to race and compete, id run something equivalent to what others are running at the track.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Champion
    I tried my erevo 2 on the track and it isnt agile enough. The steering curve is too long it's not half as tight as a buggy or truggy. Even on 6s it's not as fast as my 1/8 lite buggy on 3s around the track. But it was a lot of fun.. it jumps good so it's most fun just fooling around on the track .

Most fun was when we put 2 xmaxx out on the track

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

RC poster
    It's kind of a weird size.
    spanish dictionary

RC Racer
    Our local track is open to public every day besides on saturday furing race time. If you want to race and dont have 8th scale buggy or truggy electric or gass. They have a novice class where anyone can race anything. A revo could never compete with sn 8th scale truggy or buggy. That doesnt mean you shouldnt head to the track and get some good truggy tires and have fun. I enjoy driving on a track more than anything else. I went with my tmaxx 3.3 like 10 years ago and it started running rough. A guy there taught me how to tune it and gave some tips. I then started hanging out there on my lunch breaks at college. There were allways guys hanging out. Then the slash 2wd came out and electric brushless cars started becoming easier to deal with. With lipos and brushless i got a slash 2wd, then a revo, jammin sc truck, probably close to a dozen slash 4x4s over the years buying and selling, a few brushless e revos, all of which i put good racing tires on. Then i broke down and bought a 8th scale buggy. I sold everything else besides one slash 4x4. Buggys are indestructable and amazing to drive.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Thanks for all the suggestions I'll see what the local track allows and if I can't drive the 2.0 I might buy a slash at one point.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bashing fo fun View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions I'll see what the local track allows and if I can't drive the 2.0 I might buy a slash at one point.
    I have one for salw in the marketplace

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I won't be buying a slash for a while due to the costs of other truck repairs/upgrades but thanks for letting me know. Hope you sell for a good price.