Can I charge these batteries through the balance ports on my Dual Live?

I am wondering if it's possible to charge these 2s lipos with the Dual Live charger.... they only have the balance connectors:

Thanks!
    If it's not breaking, you're not doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by atoms View Post
    I am wondering if it's possible to charge these 2s lipos with the Dual Live charger.... they only have the balance connectors:

Thanks!
    Unfortunately the Traxxas chargers will error out without something plugged into the main port for power. E-flite makes an adapter for normal chargers with 4mm bullet plugs, but it wouldn't work with the Traxxas one. You'll have to get a different charger.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

FYI: I found a way!

I use that adapter with a Traxxas connector soldered on and unlock the Dual Live adapter to charge legacy batteries...

As long as they are all the same cells and capacity batteries, they can safely be charged in parallel because the charger allows you to enter the capacity and charge rate!

So, 4x 280mah 2 cell batteries on a parallel charger = 1 1120mah 2 cell battery. So I set the capacity to 1100 and the charge rate to 1.1 and BOOM... perfectly safe and effective charging!

Gotta make sure the batteries are a near equal level of discharge, so USE a voltage meter and make sure they're close.... you can also connect them all via the parallel cable and leave them for 15 minutes and they'll balance each other... the ones with more voltage will charge the lower voltage ones until all is equal.

Now, if you do this... make sure you are not leaving the batteries unattended. I touch the batteries often... and they're all cool to the touch....

Be safe out there!!!
    If it's not breaking, you're not doing it right.