RC poster

New Teton or 1/16 e-revo?

Hello! I'm interested in a Teton for myself and 5 year old son. We will mainly be bashing with them.

In my research of the Teton it seems like upgrading the steering servo is an eventual must. The $30 Savox seems like a popular choice. But that places the cost of a new Teton at $130+$30=$160. $10 more gets you a new 1/16 e-revo.

Thoughts? Experiences?

That puts you at the brushed 1/16 revo cost, which I have.

Depending on where you/he will run the car and his skill level would make the big difference between the two.

I do not know how fast the Teton is but the brushed mini revo IS pretty fast. Of course there's always training mode...at least for the merv.

RC Enthusiast
    Is the Merv too fast for the basement? The Teton is pushing it but fun to play with the kids in the winter months.

RC Qualifier

New Teton or 1/16 e-revo?

You can place the mini Erevo into training mode for your son. Itís cuts the speed in 1/2. With the brushed motor and set to training mode it should be perfect for him to learn on. You can also gear down a bit if itís still too fast for him. Get some pinion and spur gears and gear it down. Small see pinion gears and larger spur gears will do the trick. He should enjoy it. The merv may be a bit large for a basement, you may end up wanting the Teton for this reason. Itís a toss up. In the end itís up to you. If you have a local hobby shop you can go to and try one out it would help your decision I would think.
    Last edited by 222; 10-09-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPotty View Post
    Is the Merv too fast for the basement? The Teton is pushing it but fun to play with the kids in the winter months.
    I suppose it depends on the basement! LOL In general I'd say yes, however I've never run mine on training mode so I can't say if that would work or not.