RC Racer

Price for a used brushless erevo 1 or 2

I am looking to buy a used one and wanting to know what a 1.0 is selling for and what a 2.0 is selling for. He has it listed for $300 rtr without batteries. It looks in really good shape.

Few questions to help answer your question. The price you have listed for the E Revo that he is selling...is it a V1 or a 2.0?
    Is it all stock or aftermarket parts? What electronics does it have? How long was it owned and do you know why he is selling?

Specific to the 2.0: used rollers no electronics are going for between $220 -245. New rollers no electronics are selling for $300. So if its good condition and everything works $300 for a rtr minus batteries for a 2.0 is good deal.

Who is "HE"? and which one is he selling, the 1 or the 2?
    FWIW, as with anything...LOOKS to be in good shape and IS in good shape aren't always the same thing. Electronics and gears can be hidden problems.

RC Racer
    Its a 2.0 rtr minus batteries. He is selling because he doesnt use it much. He has metal spur gear. Chassis brace. Metal diff housing. He stated he has changed the fluids with traxxas shock and diff oils and has the rest of the fluids he didnt use that will come with the truck. He stated he bought it new in may for 550. Only aftermarket part is the metal spur.

Have you considered a new Rustler 4x4 vxl?

I may be the odd guy out here, but the only way I'd buy a used vehicle is if it was much less than half the new price...but that's just me. I think most others here would think differently.

RC Racer
    I have a rustler 4x4. Just wanted somthing wlse. And i loved my old erbe
    Last edited by Stl; 09-19-2019 at 09:43 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Maybe just me, but if you have a rustler 4x4, instead of an Erevo 2.0, why not save up and get an Xmaxx!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Maybe just me, but if you have a rustler 4x4, instead of an Erevo 2.0, why not save up and get an Xmaxx!
    I think an xmaxx is just too big

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    Have you considered a new Rustler 4x4 vxl?

I may be the odd guy out here, but the only way I'd buy a used vehicle is if it was much less than half the new price...but that's just me. I think most others here would think differently.
    I tend to agree that if it's used <almost anything> price would need to be close to 1/2 original retail unless there are extenuating circumstances (like, it's been owned by a close friend that you trust, and they are the kinda person that is not "rough on things", and I was there every single time they ran the thing, etc).

That said, the 2.0 seems to be in demand, so finding a smoking deal (the kind that I'd bite on) on is likely to take some time... lots of digging and waiting for the right deal to become available. Ya might need to look under a few rocks, and maybe be willing to take a bit of a chance.

I've got an eRevo 2.0 "in the mail" right now that sounded like a good deal (even after I factored in half of the shipping cost to get it from the middle of the country to the East Coast), but time will tell if it really is or not.

At the end of the day, Ya payz yer money, and ya take yer chances. Good Luck --BillJ

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Single_Trac View Post
    I tend to agree that if it's used <almost anything> price would need to be close to 1/2 original retail unless there are extenuating circumstances (like, it's been owned by a close friend that you trust, and they are the kinda person that is not "rough on things", and I was there every single time they ran the thing, etc).

That said, the 2.0 seems to be in demand, so finding a smoking deal (the kind that I'd bite on) on is likely to take some time... lots of digging and waiting for the right deal to become available. Ya might need to look under a few rocks, and maybe be willing to take a bit of a chance.

I've got an eRevo 2.0 "in the mail" right now that sounded like a good deal (even after I factored in half of the shipping cost to get it from the middle of the country to the East Coast), but time will tell if it really is or not.

At the end of the day, Ya payz yer money, and ya take yer chances. Good Luck --BillJ
    So what did you pay?

RC Qualifier
    300 is a good price for a V2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billyg900 View Post
    300 is a good price for a V2
    I'd second this if it's rtr. And only missing the batteries. It's close to 1/2 off as new they go for about 560 to 580$

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Stl View Post
    So what did you pay?

I paid less than $300 (including half shipping) for the eRevo 2.0 RTR that is "broken", three Traxxas 3S batteries that fit the vehicle, a Traxxas EZ-Peak dual charger, a Traxxas EZ-Peak single charger, and an extra TQI transmitter that is missing the wheel-foam.

Basically, a parent is selling a vehicle that their kid either lost interest in, or broke and did not know/care-to-learn how to repair. If this turns out to be just a stripped spur gear, then it's probably a good deal (even if the car has been beaten by a kid). If it turns out that the motor or ESC need replacing, it's less of a good deal. The batteries are used, so who knows what kind of condition they'll be in (as who knows how they were taken care of), thus the 'value' there is somewhat questionable.

In addition to the (hoping it's just a) spur-gear, I'm expecting that I'll need to replace the pillow-ball boots and other wear-type items, and I'm hoping that the body is not too beat.

As I said before... time will tell. The real test is going to be if my driving has improved enough that I don't run myself over with the thing. :-) I've whacked myself in the ankle with my Rustler, and it hurt. Might actually need to go to the ER if I hit myself at speed with the Revo...
    --BillJ

I got my 2.0 roller (no body/wheels/tires/motor/esc/servo/wing) for $250 shipped 3 months ago on ebay. It was well used, looked a bit better in the photo's, but nothing really bad on it other than one axle carrier. I recently pulled the trans apart and front/rear diffs to replace the bearings and they all looked pretty good. Found that it has a traxxas steel rear center cvd in it.

I transplanted my electronics, body mounts, body, tires/wheels, rear shock limiters, hard anno'd shocks with vdk2 and rc raven springs, front and rear integy alloy p2 rockers from my ERBEv1. I also modified my tbone front/rear skid/wheelie bar to fit it. After some initial teething issues, I replaced the stock rear chassis brace with the aluminum one (which I bent pretty good last weekend),

So far I've broken 3-4 rod ends on the rear tie-rods/front pushrods and one axle carrier that I think was broke when I got it and decimated the rear wing/wing mount. I also tried making a roll bar to support the center of the body, but it was in vain, the body is nearly split in half at the windshield and it only has 6-8 bash sessions on it in the grass. I've also fried my mxl-6S esc on the 3rd or 4th run on 6S. I have an old HPI Blur F360C (MMv1) in it now that I conformal coated and I made a 6x1800uf cap pack to take some load off it. If it dies, I'll likely get a HW max6 and a lower kv motor.
    Expert rigging at it's best!