RC poster

Question Slash 1/16 4x4 terrains

Thinking of getting a 1/16 slash (non vxl).
    Wondering about the terrains it can handle.
    I want to drive it in rocks, and possibly grass.
    Can it drive on those terrains?

RC Qualifier
    Short short grass and same for rocky terrain, small rocks or gravel type. They arenít really big enough for tall grass IMO, and will get beat up trying to run in larger rocky areas. If you are looking for something for tall grass and larger rocky areas, I would suggest something like an HCG slash 4x4 or similar. The 1/16th line of vehicles are make more for very short and thin grass and small gravel areas. Just my experience with a mini Erevo. Same chassis as the 1/16th slash.

RC Racer
    I live on a gravel road and stick to the HCG 1/10 trucks. I still hit a big enough rock at times to make it veer off course too. I'd like a 1/16 to play with on pavement/flat dirt just to have fun drifting around.

RC Qualifier
    I have used my 1/16 revo ( same chassis as 1/16 sLash ) on short grass and light gravel.
    That being said what everyone above has said still applies.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No, it can't. Grass and rocks is too aggressive for the little machine. You will heat that brushed motor up fast. Heat is the #1 enemy to electronics. Also, this is the 1/10 forum

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Ok thanks. For that terrain, what rc is best?
    I dont want to spend any more than 200$ for the complete package (battery, charger, and the rc itself)
    So what do you guys recommend?

RC Qualifier
    Not many traxxas RCís at the price range. Maybe a 2wd slash. But it will be a little more with battery and charger. Your best bet may be to find a used slash 4x4 or something similar. For all around bashing and trail running the summit is a hard vehicle to beat. If you are planning on using for street mainly, then the 1/16 Erevo or slash 1/16th will work. But for grass and gravel something larger would be my choice. Slash 2wd minimum, slash 4x4, Erevo, trx4, summit, or one of the others I havenít listed, would be the best bet for short to tall grass and gravel/rock.