RC poster

Steering stutters while recenters

Hi to all,
    I had my e revo a couple of weeks now. All of the sudden the steering at idle it recenters very slow and stutters while doing it. Normally it should recenter automaticaly after a couple of seconds with no delay or stutter. It has for sure something to do with tsm cause when i turn it off steering acts normal. Only thing that i think it might have something to do with it is the fact that i am using the same transmitter with link module for my rustler 4x4 vxl and the revo. That might confused things a little bit maybe.
    Any thoughts appreciated and i hope some one knows the answer to this.

Did you make sure your servos are not fighting each other snd set up properly? Out of the box they are not necessarily set up correct and you might be getting TSM issues from one servo fighting the other. I have not personally seen an issue with the transmitter sending wrong input for different models as it is binding through that specific trucks Rx. Let us know and we can help further.

RC poster
    Done the servos twice no fighting.

RC poster
    Something i noticed also is tha sometimes the wheels turn on their own slowly to the left. I ve read that this issue was caused due to a bad transmitter. Any thoughs?

RC poster
    So changed to a brand new transmitter, i added a glitch buster. Deleted the app, unbound - rebound tx-rx, recalibrated esc and while everything was working correctly for half an hour truck started pulling to the left on idle once more. Dont know what to expect anymore. Only thing i noticed when it started pulling left , was a constant drop of receiver voltage. Does that mean something?

You are on the right path and doing what I would have recommended. Are you running cooling fans on your motor? I noticed with my fans on, sometimes the TSM makes the front wheels drift when just sitting idle. Like its picking up a vibration from them. Turn my fans off and it immediately recenters and stops.

RC poster
    Yes o am running the yeah dual fans. What's your opinion. My esc once more flashes twice green every time i power it up. I ve must recalibrated the thing a thousand times and evry time i switch it off and on it flashes again.

Run it a short run without the fans on and see how the TSM acts. Are you running them off the Rx or on a separate power source. My gut tells me your TSM is picking up the resonant vibration from the fans and trying to correct it.

RC poster
    Ok, the problems were the fans. I removed them and everything was working trouble free. Now i am wondering. How come and i am having problems with these fans. I am not the only one using them. Is it electrical interference? Or are we talking about actual vibration issues that are affecting tsm.

I'm pretty sure it is the physical vibration that the TSM is picking up thus trying to offset. Reason I say this is I run both my fans off a separate power source so there is nothing looped in to my Rx. I use a small 2s lipo to power both my fans and mine still does it intermittently. I also only really tend to notice it when the truck is just stationary, when driving I've not noticed it with mine. Curious to see what others thoughts are on this as I am sure its not impacted only you and I.

RC poster
    I had the fans on the receiver connected, i am using the stand offs that came with the fans. I will try to find rubber bushes to try minimise the vibration and come back to you.

Sounds good. Look forward to hearing how it plays out.

RC poster
    Haven't had the time to actually test it correctly but i had a couple of minutes to remove the fans and test them while holding them. It seems tha problem is solved while no problems appeared. I will rest when everything is installed and truck is back on track����. I hope tomorrow i will be able to closed it up.