RC Qualifier

Possible E Revo 1/16 deal

So, I already have one 1:16 Merv in my collection, and itís a great little truck.
    Now Iím in the situation of finding a second one with Castle Creations mini mamba setup in it for $130 in local classified ad.
    My dilemma is I donít know if I NEED 2 mervs however, is that price ( assuming everything is on the up and up, which it appears to be ) too good to pass up?
    Even if donít play with 2 mini revos would I be able to flip one of them at that price?
    Also, the guy selling it is two hours away so that makes it a little less worth the drive .( if it were same town it would be harder to pass up )

RC Qualifier
    My wife just made some calls to impulse purchase a Used motorcycle . Sometimes 1:1 toys get in the way of a scale toy purchases I supppse. But at least I have a cool wife who supports ( enables ) my motorcycle and and RC addiction. That’s something right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    So, I already have one 1:16 Merv in my collection, and it’s a great little truck.
    Now I’m in the situation of finding a second one with Castle Creations mini mamba setup in it for $130 in local classified ad.
    My dilemma is I don’t know if I NEED 2 mervs however, is that price ( assuming everything is on the up and up, which it appears to be ) too good to pass up?
    Even if don’t play with 2 mini revos would I be able to flip one of them at that price?
    Also, the guy selling it is two hours away so that makes it a little less worth the drive .( if it were same town it would be harder to pass up )
    If it isn't a tired worn out mess then it is worth it for just parts.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    If it isn't a tired worn out mess then it is worth it for just parts.
    I was kinda thinking the same. But, the 2 hour drive to go look at it is a little prohibitive.

Ouch yeah that is a bit of a haul. Can't the other guy meet you halfway?

What bike did your wife get for you? She sounds like a keeper!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    What bike did your wife get for you? She sounds like a keeper!
    This one was / is more for her ( though I’ll probably ride it from time to time )We picked up a cheap but well maintained ( by someone working at a cycle shop ) 2003 Ninja Ex 500 . Sort of her Goldilocks bike. My VMax is heavier than what she likes to rise ( but sits low like a cruiser) the KLR is just too tall. The little KLX 250 is a great commuter but not ideal for longer open highway trips. And the VTR 250 is capable on the highway, but she didn’t want a 30 year old sport bike to be her main daily rider,so a middleweight standard like a Ninja 500 heckled all the boxes for her.
    Cheap,modern reliability ( relative since that platform is like a living fossil ) light and flickable but with enough power to get out of its own way. A ninja 500 might now be as quick as modern 600 but it is still faster 0-60 than just about any cage short of a high performance car or modded out hot rod.
    We now have more running and registered/insured bikes than I have R/Cs in my collection lol. But you’re right, she is cool