RC Racer

This will help kick up some mud with the sand paws and keep the temps down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Nice. New motors are always fun! Which Hobbywing motor is that? Are you going to be using it with the stock ESC? Let us know how it works out for you once you get it going.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by smeezy View Post
    Nice. New motors are always fun! Which Hobbywing motor is that? Are you going to be using it with the stock ESC? Let us know how it works out for you once you get it going.

Itís a 1/8 setup all the way around hopefully to help with the added strain of the sand paws when Iím not in the mud the stampede receiver box should be in today, Iím trapped in retail **** with the girlfriend a while longer before we head home Hahahaha.

RC Enthusiast
    You are going to love that system and I'm sure temp issues will be a thing of the past. I have the smaller HW max 10 sct and 3200kv and it stays cool as a cucumber geared at 19/50.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by smeezy View Post
    You are going to love that system and I'm sure temp issues will be a thing of the past. I have the smaller HW max 10 sct and 3200kv and it stays cool as a cucumber geared at 19/50.

Right on Iím starting at 18/54 to see how temps do running around in the grass. I plan on lots of water and mud so I wonít be on the throttle a lot unless I swap back over to the badlands. My castle setup at 18/54 was 120 after a full battery of speed passes on the road and the old vilenion setup hit 180

RC Enthusiast
    180 is nothing lol. This is my buddy's slash 4x4 with the stock velineon on 3s and speed runs. It surprisingly still runs although I'm sure it's not going to last very long.

RC Racer
    Sheesh hahahahaha. Iím keeping the velineon setup for my backslash for now. I hope to have it finished next week. Iíd be there soon if the receiver wasnít messed up

RC Racer
    Ready to run tomorrow and see how the new setup does! It was expanding the sand paws on the stand!

RC Competitor
    I’m surprised the thing didn’t melt the chassis wow!

I had mine out today with a Castle Mamba X/2850kv 4 pole “crawler” system, geared at 19/54. Never even approached warm. The giant *** trumpet fan and heat sink on the motor probably helped. ��