RC poster

Big joes II gearing

Hi,

What gearing do you use for Big joes II and Trenchers 2.2? Also please indicate if you run lostly asphalt, off road or grass. Im running hot even though I have geared down

There is no gearing possible with a stock motor to allow the use of 4 inch plus OD tall tires to run on this 1/16th scale vehicle without some heat. You are going to want to run something 3.5 inch OD or smaller.

Not sure which "Trenchers" you have at 2.2 but I believe they are the Trencher T 2.2 since you have them coupled with Big Joes II. Which are about the same size. What you want are the 119400 Trencher 2.2

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by zedorda; 09-22-2019 at 01:32 PM.

RC Competitor
    I've had no problem running Big Joe II's with a 20t. Hasn't gone above 165 degrees.

Anything over 160 degree is not a good running temp since the magnets start to slowly but permanently lose their strength when exposed to temps over 160 degrees.

RC Competitor
    So far, no problems with power loss. If and when it does, I'll get a new motor. I usually run Trenchers, but the Big Joe's are fun to use once in a while. I should add, the air temp was above 95 degrees when I hit that temp.

Ok I did look into this alittle more and found something. It depends on if you are running the brushed or brushless version. Since the brushless version has better neodymium magnets that can handle closer to 180 degrees. Plus if you get the 55T spur you should be able to rectify the total gear ratio back down to the stock ratio when the stock wheels were on. Then the temps should come down.