Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New E maxx!! ?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    You're right, it is to each their own. Maybe you should read what you wrote. I don't know if it's because you are a moderator or just that type of person, but you're the one who said "it's to each their own" and then criticized the people who aren't totally stroking the new truck. I am aware that this is a traxxas ran page, but I didn't think it was a problem to debate pros and cons on a new product coming out. Is that a problem with you personally or is that a problem with traxxas?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I think it’s a two way street though. As a consumer who is equally a fan of traxxas as tekno or proline vehicles, i am not a “fanboy” of any one brand. That also means I like to give a vehicle a chance with real world users before dismissing it. So far I think everyone who has been consistently critical of the Maxx have been spectators who are speculating that it is too low powered, it will overhead, it doesn’t have this, doesn’t do that. I’m sure if there are weaknesses then owners will not hesitate to let others know here or rc tech or wherever else. I have no doubt if i walked into an Arrma discussion board right now and criticize the infraction as underpowered or underutilized or overweight or doesn’t have enough aftermarket support, when most people are still waiting for their preorders, I expect some pushback too.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    I think it’s a two way street though. As a consumer who is equally a fan of traxxas as tekno or proline vehicles, i am not a “fanboy” of any one brand. That also means I like to give a vehicle a chance with real world users before dismissing it. So far I think everyone who has been consistently critical of the Maxx have been spectators who are speculating that it is too low powered, it will overhead, it doesn’t have this, doesn’t do that. I’m sure if there are weaknesses then owners will not hesitate to let others know here or rc tech or wherever else. I have no doubt if i walked into an Arrma discussion board right now and criticize the infraction as underpowered or underutilized or overweight or doesn’t have enough aftermarket support, when most people are still waiting for their preorders, I expect some pushback too.
    Exactly, it is a two way street, that's why I haven't called you a fan boy or a babbling optimist. I don't like being called out for having an opinion. I've heard plenty I disagreed with and I moved right on past it, someone asked a question so I answered it. Sorry Double G decided to be a dictator instead of a moderator and call me a whiner. It's crazy that we can't have a pro and con back and forth on here. No one has said traxxas is garbage, arrma is better, yadda yadda yadda. We were having a discussion. Since this is turning into what it is, I will take your advice and leave it alone until the truck hits the hands of people buying it. I'll only chime in if have something positive to say, like "hey that's great you drop a mamba x and a 1512, or 1515 right in", or "wow, they went with 16mm shocks, that's great" or "the modular chassis is great, so easy to work on and proven." Is that better? Because that's what I think. I'll keep the negatives to myself, since clearly that isn't wanted, appreciated, or allowed here. We can just let the first delivery people find out for themselves.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    https://youtu.be/LzUC7c_R2G8

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post
    I don't get it, why does every one want 6S in this truck so badly? 6S makes my 20+ pound X-maxx boogie and I can shred my E-maxx on 4S.
    Using 6s makes my Xmaxx cook too, but I had to put in a better ESC and motor than what came with it stock. Everyone knows that the original 6s Xmaxx's electronics was to small a system for a 23 pound truck. For me, with the Maxx, it's not that you can't run 6s (so much) as it is that you have only one battery tray. If it had two, a person could run two 2s batteries rather than having to buy dedicated 4s batteries. As far as a 6s Maxx goes...it might not be needed, but I'd rather be in the position of being able to do it (and not need it), then wanting to do it (and not being able to).
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    I'll keep the negatives to myself, since clearly that isn't wanted, appreciated, or allowed here.
    Don't let others get you down my friend. I think you should keep pointing out the positives and negatives. As long as they are constructive (which you have been doing) it's important for a company to get feedback. A good example of this is with the Traxxas Xmaxx. (IMO) it's a much better truck now, due to the feedback Traxxas got from the forums, than when it first came out.

Some people look at any kind of criticism as being negative, but I look at constructive criticism as being positive support of something you like and want to be the best. (IMO) we can't make America great unless we support our manufacturing. We can't make our manufacturing great unless we support its' products. And, we have no chance of making their products great unless we offer our support in the form of positive feedback and constructive criticism. So, don't be afraid to keep up the good work!
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 10-10-2019 at 05:21 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

Nearly twelve hours ago I read the responses to my post and figured I'd get a good night's sleep, laugh at a couple minutes of Dave Chappelle then come on here and post.

Nickruger - sorry? I know exactly what I said - I wrote it! I know that it was not a quick two minute keyboard-warrior, knee-jerk typing bonanza and click "Post Quick Reply" but rather one that was about ten minutes of editing, copying, pasting, cutting. Nowhere in my post did I call you out by name. Not once. Read it again. Your name, nor is any other's mentioned - not typed out or between the lines. So this "dictator" that you called out by name (whom has not received one dollar in payment for my volunteer services as a moderator for nearly eight years) did not call you a whiner. If I wanted to I would have said "You are such a whiner, Nickruger. Grow up." But fact is I didn't. Didn't even think about it. What I wrote was a generalization as to what happens each time Traxxas introduces something new. It's a bummer that you had to single out that one word from my rambling and take great offense to it.

It is a fact that every new vehicle Traxxas puts out there is a group of naysayers that will say it is not what they want. Some leave it at that. Others continue to argue their opinions with rationalizations as to why in attempts to sway the consensus against a purchase. Okay. We get it. Again, it's your money so spend it as you want. Nothing wrong with having an opinion and based upon your other posts it appears you may have a bit of RC knowledge that is indeed welcomed in this forum. I see nothing wrong with having a healthy discussion but every time threads like these turn into incessant arguments that end up closed and I was throwing up the "slow" sign before it went that direction.

May I remind you, Nickruger, this is a Traxxas forum, owned and operated by Traxxas and yes, it will have a natural bias towards being pro-Traxxas. States it clearly in the rules and goals. My post was in response to a few others who in much fewer words mentioned the same thing that this truck may not be for you or others for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Don't let others get you down my friend. I think you should keep pointing out the positives and negatives. As long as they are constructive (which you have been doing) it's important for a company to get feedback. A good example of this is with the Traxxas Xmaxx. (IMO) it's a much better truck now, due to the feedback Traxxas got from the forums, than when it first came out.

Some people look at any kind of criticism as being negative, but I look at constructive criticism as being positive support of something you like and want to be the best. (IMO) we can't make America great unless we support our manufacturing. We can't make our manufacturing great unless we support its' products. And, we have no chance of making their products great unless we offer our support in the form of positive feedback and constructive criticism. So, don't be afraid to keep up the good work!
    If I wanted to write more this is exactly what I would have said.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post

Well said, and agreed.
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123