Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Last edited by PATS4LIFE; 09-23-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Racer
    So excited about this!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I never got the 8s as it's just too big for where I run.. This will be perfect!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Yes I’m so excited about it also..
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Qualifier
    So is it 4s or 6s? I wonder how the drive shafts will hold up?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    [QUOTE=daniil92a;6510121]So is it 4s or 6s? I wonder how the drive shafts will hold up?its a 4s

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

Driveshafts are beefy.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

RC Champion
    Bassically a new Emaxx 2.0

About Time!!!

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Excited about this one.

I was surprised to see them only drop a 4S system in it though as it looks to be very similar in size as the Erevo 2.0 and Emaxx. However, as a monster truck, 40-50mph is plenty for some fun.

Haven't compared specs but really curious how this looks next to an Emaxx...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks like my P4de. After significant modification.

Somehow builds are never done....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Looks like my P4de. After significant modification.

Somehow builds are never done....
    I agree. It’s like all the Mods I would do to a 4x4 Pere or Sl4sh MT build.
    As I stated in another thread, I recently swapped a brushed Sl4sh or a TMaxx because I could not build a MT up to that step without spending several hundred more on tires and driveline bits. ( let alone the actual motor ESC combo )

RC Champion
    Hmmmm 2.8 tyres. Gotta feeling this will be a little bigger than a stampede. The pede is to small anf the emaxx too short. Need some side by side shots.
    2wd Slash VXL, 2wd Slash 9t , E Maxx 2200kv ,Trx4

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    My questions...
    Can you fit a 40mm motor? I'm questioning if the 2400 will push a 10 lb truck(I'm assuming w/o Batts) on 4s without running hot?

Why not metal drive shafts??? If these drive shafts are not bulletproof on stock power, putting plastic in will be a big fail.

The servo should be pretty awesome. Assuming that it is the 2085, will the standard servo adapter from the xmaxx fit?
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Quote Originally Posted by crazee horse View Post
    Hmmmm 2.8 tyres. Gotta feeling this will be a little bigger than a stampede. The pede is to small anf the emaxx too short. Need some side by side shots.
    It's 22 inches long with a 13 inch wheelbase. Deff bigger than a pede. These 2.8s are a good bit taller than the pede 2.8s.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    Oh great, I built two HCG Sl4sh based monster trucks using the UDR esc and motor, and this comes out?

Traxxas you sneaky money grabber. I am gonna have to get at least one of these and if it works out, the vxl-4s set up is going in all my 4x4s.

Looking at the dimension specs and the non-modular nature of parts with the other 1/10 scale 4wds or even the Revo/summit, I wonder if this will be the start of a new batch of chassis to replace the Sl4sh/Stamp4de/Rustl4rs?
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 09-23-2019 at 05:48 PM.

I can't believe they came out with a new, well kind of new platform and put plastic driveshafts on it. Add another 100$ for driveshafts- when they come out and you are already into for 650$? Not sure who they are aiming for. It is more 8th scale sized based on the specs. If its revo sized I might be down. I would appreciate those big conventional shocks.

Last edited by nickruger; 09-23-2019 at 05:57 PM.

RC Qualifier
    The price point does create some awkwardness when compared with the E Revo 2.0. Hm...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    I can't believe they came out with a new, well kind of new platform and put plastic driveshafts on it. Add another 100$ for driveshafts- when they come out and you are already into for 650$? Not sure who they are aiming for. It is more 8th scale sized based on the specs. If its revo sized I might be down. I would appreciate those big conventional shocks.

I remember seeing a pretty detailed thread a while back that compared the plastic traxxas driveshafts vs metal replacements, and the stock plastic ones came out really far ahead. Not saying they canít be broken, but they seem to do fine for most people. Besides, if the truck came with metal driveshafts, youíd be paying for them in the price of the truck anyway.

RC Champion
    The erevo 2.0 has plastic center shafts and I've done a few backflips and mine are still solid, only ever been on 6s with a sensored castle monster X set up.

Quote Originally Posted by justin13703 View Post
    I remember seeing a pretty detailed thread a while back that compared the plastic traxxas driveshafts vs metal replacements, and the stock plastic ones came out really far ahead. Not saying they canít be broken, but they seem to do fine for most people. Besides, if the truck came with metal driveshafts, youíd be paying for them in the price of the truck anyway.
    You might be right about the plastic driveshafts. To me they've been taboo since my first experience with them when I first got into the hobby a few years back. As far as paying for metal axles, maybe with traxxas, but not with other brands. I can think of a few other trucks that come standard with metal axles and are the same price , but 6s capable. I can think of a few 4s trucks that use plastic axles, but are considerably cheaper.

RC Qualifier
    Thatís pretty sweet I have to admit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Its a small xmaxx. I would have bought this over an x maxx. And its better than an erevo. I loved the erevo but hated workingnon it compared to a slash4x4 or rustler 4x4 which are simple to disasemble completly or repair. I like verticle shocks over horizontal. Im selling my xmaxx to buy one of these. If you dont believe me look in the marketplace

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stl; 09-23-2019 at 08:18 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I have both there both a blast in there own way.

RC Competitor
    It’s cool but I won’t be buying one.

Heck, I still haven't received the TRX-6 yet!
    Will I get a Maxx? ...probably, just not right away.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightflier x4.6 View Post

Sounds nice, considering the maxx isn't even up for sale yet
    E-Revo 2.0
    E-Revo VXL Brushless 1/16

Quote Originally Posted by Nightflier x4.6 View Post

I have a bunch of Traxxas and you're correct, they're all fun in their own way!

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Why not metal drive shafts??? If these drive shafts are not bulletproof on stock power, putting plastic in will be a big fail.
    Running 4s, and not having duel battery trays (would be hard to use 6s without them), those shafts should work out fine. They look better than the original Emaxx's. Plus if you notice in the pictures, they beefed up the one diff bearing. There shouldn't be a problem with them either.

All-in-all it looks like it should be pretty reliable. The only thing lacking in this new design is real estate. This Maxx won't be as easy to mod as the Emaxx. That's good for Traxxas...less head aches caused by rookie owners who install unwise mods. Bad for advanced RC-ers who know how to mod, and still keep their reliability. All-in-all though, a nice design, but I still like the versatility of the old design better.

P.S. We were all saying that Traxxas should keep the Emaxx going, and (for me anyway) it's nice to see that they did. If you have an 8s Xmaxx, it should be no problem using one of its' 4s batteries for the Maxx. Looking in my crystal ball, I see the Maxx will being a perfect complement to 8s Xmaxx owners, and new guys who haven't committed to 3s batteries.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 09-24-2019 at 03:36 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Champion
    If this is a smaller version of the xmaxx then it shouldn't need modding. Would love to see a size comparison between x and e maxx, spent so much trying to make my emaxx invincible. Got there in the end but was still a bad wheelbase. Almost as wide as it was long.

Would love to see a size comparison between x and e maxx, spent so much trying to make my emaxx invincible.
    There's comparison pictures and videos in it's showroom.

RC Champion
    Cheers bud

RC Qualifier
    I liked the Rustler 4x4 when it came out, but did not buy one. I like this one enough that I may have to sell one of my Traxxas cars or trucks to pay for this one. This is probably the perfect bashing truck. It will have the perfect amount of ground clearance and size for massive jumping. I can guarantee that my X-Maxx is not getting sold for it though.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    I liked the Rustler 4x4 when it came out, but did not buy one. I like this one enough that I may have to sell one of my Traxxas cars or trucks to pay for this one. This is probably the perfect bashing truck. It will have the perfect amount of ground clearance and size for massive jumping. I can guarantee that my X-Maxx is not getting sold for it though.
    Ah...don't sell anything! ...Just feed the addiction!

RC Qualifier
    Found this on YouTube a guy that got this already.

This truck cant be a replacement for e maxx, it seems way smaller?
    For me it seems like a slightly bigger much improved stampede
    https://youtu.be/ZTsR1Kni-lM

If this is a smaller version of the xmaxx then it shouldn't need modding.
    All my stuff (including my Xmaxx) needed modding to get them where I wanted them to be. Like I said above, if your not into getting the most out of your stuff, then the new Maxx is perfect. If you, however, are into that sort of thing (everyone's different), then I think those people will find the new Maxx way more restrictive than the Emaxx.

As far as the Emaxx is concerned, it doesn't take much to make it a very reliable truck using 6s. It may be a old layout, but it's a good layout. The problem with the Emaxx was not its' layout, but that it's components were designed for 4s not 6s, and that Traxxas offered it in 6s without upgrading any of its' components. Do the right upgrades, and there's no funner truck to have when it comes to power to size ratio than a 6s MM2 equipped Emaxx.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 09-24-2019 at 02:31 PM.

RC Champion
    Doesn't take much to make it reliable? It's very reliable, bash worthy on the other hand no. You need a tonne of mods. Mine had alloy bulkheads which are essential, and full rpm towers a arms etc steel drive shafts and big bores. Spent a fortune. It really took a lot, not a little.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    All my stuff (including my Xmaxx) needed modding to get them where I wanted them to be. Like I said above, if your not into getting the most out of your stuff, then the new Maxx is perfect. If you, however, are into that sort of thing (everyone's different), then I think those people will find the new Maxx way more restrictive than the Emaxx.

As far as the Emaxx is concerned, it doesn't take much to make it a very reliable truck using 6s. It may be a old layout, but it's a good layout. The problem with the Emaxx was not its' layout, but that it's components were designed for 4s not 6s, and that Traxxas offered it in 6s without upgrading any of its' components. Do the right upgrades, and there's no funner truck to have when it comes to power to size ratio than a 6s MM2 equipped Emaxx.
    The emaxx was designed for 2s I think. Or a .15 nitro motor.

I really like the design and with a stretched FLM chassis and full 1/8 drive line is killer. I've been flipping and jumping mine full throttle on 6s and haven't broke a thing. It's also easy to work on much easier than my xmaxx

I didn't have to buy much for my Emaxx. I'm going by memory here, but if I'm remembering completely Big Bore Shocks/Integy springs, steel drive shafts and axles, straps for strapped battery trays, TMaxx break pad for slipper clutch, and high impact aluminum bumpers. I would break a skid plate, shock tower, and suspension arm every once in a while, but not enough to warrant spending big bucks on RPM accessories. (IMO) you have to be careful with the RPM and aluminum parts. They can cause more problems than stock parts that have a little give in them.

I did do a moderate amount of finesse work, though. Finesse work doesn't cost anything, but it does make everything more reliable and run better. The finesse work I did was belted my tires, repacked my bearings with marine grade grease, bored out suspension parts, and the big thing was changing my diff pinion bearings over to Oil-Lite bushings. That was a biggy. Doing that and repacking my diff bearings totally eliminated my diff problems. So all-in-all about a hundred and fifty bucks and a little finesse work did the trick.

As far as my Xmaxx, did a lot there too to get it where I wanted. Better motor and ESC, installed RPM's for telemetry, better wheelie bar, better wheels and tires, better body protection, and strapped battery trays just to name a few. Like I say, (IMO) you always have something that needs to be done when you get a new RC toy. It all depends (I guess) on how fussy you are, and if you want to do it or not.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 09-24-2019 at 06:06 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I'll be buying this and running it on 3S, the same as I run my X-Maxx on 6S.

In the process I'll take the Stampede 4x2 (brushed), Stampede 4x4 VXL and Slash 4x4 VXL, creating a reasonably tough, 10yo resistant, monster truck and selling the other 2... I'm thinking I'll keep the Stampede 4x4...
    From Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    The emaxx was designed for 2s I think. Or a .15 nitro motor.
    If true (I have no reason to doubt you), then it just further proves my opinion. The Emaxx may have an older layout, but it's layout was/is better for customizing and modding then the newer Xmaxx and Maxx layouts. Again, the problem with the Emaxx was the materials used for its' components. They should of been upgraded when bringing the Emaxx up to a 6s lipo power system.

To be fair to Traxxas, I don't think they (or anyone really) new for sure how powerful brushless systems were going to be when Lipo's came out. Maybe that's why the after market parts for a Emaxx was/is so plentiful. It was a very popular truck, it's layout was good for modifying, and with 6s brushless power systems there was a need for stronger parts...I'm just speculating here, mind you, for the sake of conversation.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 09-25-2019 at 03:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast