Thread: Maybe a UDR!

Maybe a UDR!

Looking to maybe get a UDR.

Is it as easy to work on as a slash?

I dont have a Slash, but can say that the UDR requires 12 screws just to remove the body shell.

UDRs are awesome and all, but I can safely tell you they are nowhere as easy to work on as a slash. I own a slash, but not a UDR. Like USMC1984, it does take 12 body screws to take off, and it has an actual interior, which makes it harder to take apart. The slash on the other hand, has everything open, once you remove the body shell, which is only pinned down with 4 body pins. Other than the servo and some other chassis parts, things such as the motor, esc, and other things are very easy to remove on the slash. The UDR, on the other hand has very packed parts, making you remove some parts to access a motor or esc. These things shouldn't stop you from buying one though, as they are awesome and fun to drive around.

On the good side, I haven't had to repair anything on the UDR yet, so I don't know how tedious it will be. I will say that it LOOKS like it might be a pain though.

RC poster
    Only takes 30 min. to do a complete tear down. Pretty easy. Can't follow a lot of those videos on how to fix this or fix that. Some get way to involved. Anyone that buys one should do a complete tear down just to get an idea really how easy it is.

RC Racer
    As already stated, UDRs are awesome... but they are nowhere near as easy to work on as a slash is. I have owned both. The slash is like most RC cars, a shell on a chassis - everything is in the open. The UDR is not, everything is in a clam shell (if you will) and you have to open each side of the clam shell to work on that part.

It takes me 30 mins just to disassemble the front end, that's not even a complete tear down.