RC Competitor

Ordered new blue E-Revo, getting black limited edition instead

As the title says, I ordered a new blue E-Revo. The hobby store called me and said their shipment was delayed, asked if I would accept a limited edition black one instead. I told them sure. I googled it but didn't get much.

Anybody know anything about the limited edition? Is it just a regular E-Revo with a black body?

Its super dope! Its all black. Its the dealer edition they provide to hobby shops...super rare! They sell for a grip on ebay when they pop up and are gone super fast! Its the exact same as the truck you wanted but limited edition all black!

Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    Its super dope! Its all black. Its the dealer edition they provide to hobby shops...super rare! They sell for a grip on ebay when they pop up and are gone super fast! Its the exact same as the truck you wanted but limited edition all black!
    Here are a couple pics of them...sorry couldn't re edit my original post to include these in the Taptalk forum for some reason.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Sweet!! That looks really good. What a deal then!

Yep! You got a good deal there! Enjoy the limited edition beast!

RC Competitor
    Crap, now I wonder if I should throw it up on Ebay and get another one for me?

Quote Originally Posted by funmoneypit View Post
    Crap, now I wonder if I should throw it up on Ebay and get another one for me?
    Or keep it boxed and get another for you...then wait until there are no more on E-bay...then sell it!

The bodies are selling for $140 plus $13.99 shipping...lol. I dont see any complete trucks on there anymore...well at this moment.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TRAXXAS...4AAOSwXpFdgRp6

RC Competitor
    The bodies are selling for $140 plus $13.99 shipping...lol. I dont see any complete trucks on there anymore...well at this moment.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TRAXXAS...4AAOSwXpFdgRp6
    Exactly, I looked too. No boxed trucks at all. Might just put a stupid number on it and see what happens. It definitely looks bad*****.

RC Enthusiast
    Looking too sharp to be run.. Maybe order a second body to bash?
    E-Revo 2.0
    E-Revo VXL Brushless 1/16

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastaa View Post
    Looking too sharp to be run.. Maybe order a second body to bash?
    Yep, that might be an option too.

RC Racer
    After looking at previously sold ones on ebay, $550-$700 seems to be what they sold for. And since there's none currently on there I'm betting you could get pretty close to that $700 number.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Keep it. Don’t sell it and post some pics of it up on here when you get it.

Cheers,
    Delirious.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Delirious View Post
    Keep it. Donít sell it and post some pics of it up on here when you get it.

Cheers,
    Delirious.
    Yeah, I'm a little torn. I'm not a guy that cares about the special or limited edition stuff but this one is pretty cool. I wouldn't run the truck with the body so what happens, the body just sits on the shelf? I could sell the body but if I am going to do that, I think I can get more selling the entire truck new in the box. I buy and sell so I have had a few E-Revo's including the 2.0's. This truck was going camping with us. We camp a lot and I wanted something to bash around with so I just thought I would splurge and get a new one.

Now I am checking out the new Maxx that is coming out. It looks pretty sweet. Thinking about selling the E-Revo and getting the Maxx instead when it comes out. Then I could put a little cash back in my pocket. The Maxx is smaller so it would fit in our motorhome easier. The only thing is I think the Maxx is overpriced but we will see what the sellers end up letting it go for.

Decisions, decisions.
    Last edited by funmoneypit; 09-26-2019 at 10:45 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by funmoneypit View Post
    Yeah, I'm a little torn. I'm not a guy that cares about the special or limited edition stuff but this one is pretty cool. I wouldn't run the truck with the body so what happens, the body just sits on the shelf? I could sell the body but if I am going to do that, I think I can get more selling the entire truck new in the box. I buy and sell so I have had a few E-Revo's including the 2.0's. This truck was going camping with us. We camp a lot and I wanted something to bash around with so I just thought I would splurge and get a new one.

Now I am checking out the new Maxx that is coming out. It looks pretty sweet. Thinking about selling the E-Revo and getting the Maxx instead when it comes out. Then I could put a little cash back in my pocket. The Maxx is smaller so it would fit in our motorhome easier. The only thing is I think the Maxx is overpriced but we will see what the sellers end up letting it go for.

Decisions, decisions.
    You say that , but it looks like the New Maxx is $50 less MSRP than the ERevo 2.0 is ($599 vs $549) so it should be a little less street price once dealers start selling them ( I hope ) .

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    You say that , but it looks like the New Maxx is $50 less MSRP than the ERevo 2.0 is ($599 vs $549) so it should be a little less street price once dealers start selling them ( I hope ) .
    Yep, agree. I am guessing it will still be around a $50 dollar difference. So probably around $499. So the question is with only a $50 dollar difference, not owning a Maxx yet of course, is the E-Revo a better value?

Hearing and seeing on some sites that the Black Edition may now be a public release. It shows backordered many places I had not ever seen it listed as a buying option til now.

Looks like it will be available most places October 10th.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas...-4-blk/p995733
    Last edited by RICK DIZZLE; 09-27-2019 at 09:55 PM.

RC Qualifier
    id put it on the bay for 1750 plus shipping so that if someone really wants it they can pay

Lol! This ^^^^^^ Its kinda weird I see a lot of sites with almost all colors of the E Revo 2.0 backordered....fingers crossed this will be a new batch and Traxxas has heard us and addressed the electronics issues some of us faced. Id like to buy a second one but, am super hesitant based on the amount of electronics issues myself and others have experienced.

RC Qualifier
    maybe get a chop shop roller and toss the castle electronics plus savox etc

RC Competitor
    Hearing and seeing on some sites that the Black Edition may now be a public release. It shows backordered many places I had not ever seen it listed as a buying option til now.

Looks like it will be available most places October 10th.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas...-4-blk/p995733
    I think the October 10th is the date for the new colors coming out. That is what I ordered was the new blue color but the actual release date has been pushed back.

Lol! This ^^^^^^ Its kinda weird I see a lot of sites with almost all colors of the E Revo 2.0 backordered....fingers crossed this will be a new batch and Traxxas has heard us and addressed the electronics issues some of us faced. Id like to buy a second one but, am super hesitant based on the amount of electronics issues myself and others have experienced.
    I hope so! I just went through my stock replacement steering servos again in the E-Revo...LHS sold me four Savox servos today because the steering went out in the Summit too! I hope they are good servos...I went with them simply because they didn't have four (or any) of the stock servos.

I'm starting to see a trend with Traxxas and servos!

Yeah the black one on Amain shows anticipated on stock October 10th...so looks like it will be one of the "new colors". Just wanted to keep you up to date, so you have good info to make your decision on what ya want to do.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    id put it on the bay for 1750 plus shipping so that if someone really wants it they can pay
    lol, you are more aggressive than I am. I told my wife I was going to put it up for $1000 or best offer.

I get it Monday. Pretty sure it is going on Ebay. I want the new Maxx. I have had two E-Revo 2.0's and I can't even count how many V1's I have had. I have a Kawasaki V1 I am rebuilding right now. Time for something new!

Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    I hope so! I just went through my stock replacement steering servos again in the E-Revo...LHS sold me four Savox servos today because the steering went out in the Summit too! I hope they are good servos...I went with them simply because they didn't have four (or any) of the stock servos.

I'm starting to see a trend with Traxxas and servos!
    Running a single Savox 1231sg and its a work horse. Just know Savox servos can be power hungry and cause brown outs. I run one and have not seen any brown out issues running 6s. I did just install a glitch buster just to be safe....as I street race and dont want a brown out going at speed on the roads I race on...could end bad. I have run it for a couple months prior to my glitch buster with no issues at all.

RC Competitor
    Yeah the black one on Amain shows anticipated on stock October 10th...so looks like it will be one of the "new colors". Just wanted to keep you up to date, so you have good info to make your decision on what ya want to do.
    I'm still kind of skeptical that black will be a regular color. Right on the box it says limited edition.

Many sites had the Weld dragster tires/wheels on their site stating on back order. I was on quite a few for email notification when they came in. Never came back in stock.

Who knows. We will see. Thanks for the heads up though.

For sure...time will tell. I just wanted to make sure you were looped in. Not a fan of misinformation...especially if its on my end.

Running a single Savox 1231sg and its a work horse. Just know Savox servos can be power hungry and cause brown outs. I run one and have not seen any brown out issues running 6s. I did just install a glitch buster just to be safe....as I street race and dont want a brown out going at speed on the roads I race on...could end bad. I have run it for a couple months prior to my glitch buster with no issues at all.
    They sold me the Savox SW-0231MG to install as duals...is this a lesser servo than your single?

Forgive my Noobness...what's a brown out?

Brown out is basically when the power draw is more then can be provided. So it causes the receiver to "reboot" or cut out for a split second until power is restored.

The ones they sold you at 6v power have the following:
    Speed .17sec/60
    Torque 208 oz
    And are waterproof

The single I have at 6v power:
    Speed .14sec/60
    Torque 444.04 oz
    Not waterproof, mainly water resistant.

So the single I have has more then twice the torque of one of what you got. The speed is just a nominal, really unnoticeable difference. I think yours will do great. Just be sure to set them up so they dont fight each other. And watch for brown outs. IMO you should be good! If you start to see issues, you can try a glitch buster or go to an external BEC.
    Last edited by RICK DIZZLE; 09-27-2019 at 10:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I like the body, but when the car is far away it is too hard to tell which direction it is pointing
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    They sold me the Savox SW-0231MG to install as duals...is this a lesser servo than your single?

Forgive my Noobness...what's a brown out?
    I have the savox 1231 Rick has in my 2.0 and it's good to go. I have the dual savox 231's in my revo 3.3 and they do good as well. Both setups are plenty sufficient for the revo platform. You should be good. I never experienced any brownouts in my revo 3.3 and that has a couple of other components drawing power, throttle servo, forward/reverse servo and an opti drive module in addition to the dual servos. I would choose a single if I had the choice, but until I ran the single I was totally happy with the duals.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Did you ever get your black edition? Curious as I saw one pop up on Ebay for $1000 bucks plus shipping.

RC Competitor
    Did you ever get your black edition? Curious as I saw one pop up on Ebay for $1000 bucks plus shipping.
    Yep, that's mine. Not a lot of interest. Best offer was $600 plus shipping. I may end up keeping it after all.

Nuts man. The black edition on Amain is no longer even listed..probably a teaser.

RC Competitor
    Well I ended up selling it for $650 cash on Facebook Marketplace. No real interest on Ebay or CL. I only paid $530 so not bad. Crazy thing is I found another one at a LHS. So I still have one. May sell it, may keep it.

RC Competitor
    There haven't been any on Ebay for a while. I put the second one up on Ebay last week. They offered a promo for half off sellers fees (5% instead of 10%). It sold last night for $770. Not bad. I got a Maxx now anyway so wasn't really feeling the E-Revo. Plus I got one X-Maxx and another on the way. I do have an E-Revo V1 that I am rebuilding now so I can bash that around.