RC Enthusiast

New UDR owner with a battery question

I picked up a new UDR the other day, I don't have any batteries at the moment for it yet though, I want to run 4s in it, I think that will be plenty for me. I think I wanna run two 2s lipos in it so I can also use the 2s in other applications separately, my question is, are there any of you other guys doing this and if so what kind are using, what size etc? Thanks in advance! I have soldered plenty of Traxxas connectors on batteries so I'm open to any brand of battery.
    Traxxas UDR, TRX4 Bronco, TRX4 Sport kit

RC Competitor
    Iím doing the same thing, running 2 4s batts in my UDR that I can also use in my Ultimate 4x4 Slash. I use Lectron Pro 7600 mah 35c LiPoís. The truck is plenty fast!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Bumps View Post
    Iím doing the same thing, running 2 4s batts in my UDR that I can also use in my Ultimate 4x4 Slash. I use Lectron Pro 7600 mah 35c LiPoís. The truck is plenty fast!!

You mean 2 2s correct? So two 7600 2s batteries will fit? That's the same thing I wanna do, use the 2s in my Slash lol

RC Competitor
    Yes, two 2s batts. Typo there.

RC Competitor
    They fit no problem, both are hard case also.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Bumps View Post
    They fit no problem, both are hard case also.

Any reason you went with the 7600 over the 5200 other than run times? The reason I ask is Amain is running a sale lol

RC Competitor
    Purely run time, seems like it runs forever!! Big change from back in the day as a kid!! Charge your RC car for hours just to run it 10 minutes!! I have 2 sets of the same batts for almost unlimited run time! Have a powerful dual batt charger

I run the Traxxas 2843's which also run in my: Summit, Rustler, E-Revo and Defender.
    I also run the 2869's in it that also run: Summit, E-Revo, and Defender.

In fact, the only single car battery I have is the 2878's that only run in the X-Maxx...until I get a Maxx. When I do that I might finally get some 2889's as well.

I try to only get batteries that fit multiple vehicles.
    Intitially, I picked batteries based on Mah, but the runtime on even the lowest is more than adequate so now I pick them based on how many other vehicles they can run in.

You are gonna love that UDR! Initially I wan't too interested in it then someone here brought it to my attention and on second look, I picked one up. It's been growing on me ever since!

I have the Traxxas light kit for it but have not yet installed it.

I can say that even on 2's it's plenty fast, but very controllable....and doesn't seem to break!

RC Competitor
    Truth!!! Fast and doesnít break parts due to excessive speed or power!

RC Enthusiast
    Just ordered my batteries, 4 2s 7600s, I don't feel the need for 6s in that truck, I'm 48 yrs old soon to be 49 so 4s will be plenty lol, if I was 28 I guarantee you I'd be running 6s and breakin parts left and right lol, I'm a little older and wiser now and can use these in my Slash 4x4. Thanks for the help guys!

RC Competitor
    Have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by kincer View Post
    Just ordered my batteries, 4 2s 7600s, I don't feel the need for 6s in that truck, I'm 48 yrs old soon to be 49 so 4s will be plenty lol, if I was 28 I guarantee you I'd be running 6s and breakin parts left and right lol, I'm a little older and wiser now and can use these in my Slash 4x4. Thanks for the help guys!
    Uh-Oh! you just ignited a fire.

The 6-8's crowd is gonna lynch you There are some here whose answer to everything is 8's!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    Uh-Oh! you just ignited a fire.

The 6-8's crowd is gonna lynch you There are some here whose answer to everything is 8's!
    Oh I completely understand, in my younger days I rewired my girlfriends kids power wheels with a 12 volt car battery, they had alot more fun with that lol, had brushless been around then it would have been nuts, as it was they were doing donuts with the plastic tires.

Quote Originally Posted by kincer View Post
    Oh I completely understand, in my younger days I rewired my girlfriends kids power wheels with a 12 volt car battery, they had alot more fun with that lol, had brushless been around then it would have been nuts, as it was they were doing donuts with the plastic tires.
    I was the same way, but now at 53, I'm more happy with runtime than wrench time!

RC Competitor
    Same here!! 52 yrs old and would rather enjoy driving it than wrenching on it.

RC Enthusiast
    Everything I own now lasts longer now that I'm older lol