RC poster

Slash 2wd roller suggestions please?

I am brand new and looking to buy a roller to build for oval racing weather its dirt oval or concrete garage floor. I see tons of rollers on ebay from bone stock to LCG conversions with aluminum control arms. Is there a better source or am I basically limited to ebay/amazon and just try to find a trusted seller?

Thanks

--G

Depending on your location FaceBook Marketplace can be a pretty good place to lurk for a roller or even a full working model on the cheap.
    Last edited by zedorda; 09-25-2019 at 01:18 PM.

I would look locally first, you can actually see what you are getting before money is exchanged.

"Upgrade" is a dubious term, and for RCs like this, doesn't necessary raise the value. For racing, I would try to find a Slash that is as stock as possible, that way you know what you are starting with. RPM arms are great for bashing, but they are very flexible and make your steering sloppy, which is, of course, bad for racing.
    Last edited by Greatscott; 09-25-2019 at 01:17 PM.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    thanks guys! I was looking at a roller on ebay with a bunch of RPM stuff but now Im not sure thats what I want because Greatscott as well as my local retailer both said basically that RPM control arms arent great for racing

RC Competitor
    Check dollarhobbyz and Jennysrc as well. They're both “chop shops” but it’s all brand new stuff. Good price.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
    Check dollarhobbyz and Jennysrc as well. They're both “chop shops” but it’s all brand new stuff. Good price.
    I looked and didnt see anything on either site, I have a local dealer like 5 miles from me so I will go see him.