RC poster

Esc flashing green

Hello, i have a Traxxas slash 4x4 that the Esc is now flashing green. a few days ago when i was driving i stopped the truck and the throttle started twitching. i turned off the truck, and when i turned it back on the Esc was flashing green, and i no longer have throttle control but still have steering control. I've read other threads where they've said its a throttle adjustment problem, and i followed their steps to fix it. I've set my controller's multi-function nob as throttle control, no luck. i rebind-ed my transmitter and receiver, still nothing. i tried resetting my Esc by holding the Ez start button for 3 seconds, the light turns red but goes back to flashing green immediately. i tried seeing if maybe the servo or motor is causing the problem, so i disconnected them, but the Esc still flashed. (i use a 3s lipo on the truck and have low voltage detection on, the lipo is a new Traxxas lipo with no bubbling or wear) is there anything I'm missing or a solution to this problem?

Per the VXL-3s manual:
    Blinking Green: The VXL-3s is indicating the transmitter Throttle Trim is incorrectly set. Adjust the Throttle Trim to the middle 0 setting.
    Since you may have already tried, give Traxxas a call. See what they say and help you walk through the adjustment.

Another thing you can do is swap the ESC into CH1 port and servo into CH2 and see if the steering wheel controls the motor and trigger controls the steering. If the problem follows the channel then the radio is the issue. If the problem follows the ESC then it is the issue.
    The Super Derecho

If you have the Traxxas Link App (Bluetooth) option installed, you could also try checking for software updates.

Good luck and keep us posted.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    If you have the Traxxas Link App (Bluetooth) option installed, you could also try checking for software updates.

Good luck and keep us posted.
    I just had to install a new software update yesterday.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post

Another thing you can do is swap the ESC into CH1 port and servo into CH2 and see if the steering wheel controls the motor and trigger controls the steering. If the problem follows the channel then the radio is the issue. If the problem follows the ESC then it is the issue.
    i tried that and the Esc continued to flash green, and i had steering control through my trigger

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcdudes View Post
    i tried that and the Esc continued to flash green, and i had steering control through my trigger
    I had the same issue, and it turned out the receiver needed replacing. Basically, channel 2 stopped working.

RC poster
    i tried a new receiver and the problem persisted, after calling support i was told id need a new Esc.