RC Competitor

Rear spoiler function?

Is it really functional?
    My XO-1 has only six runs behind, and the wing is ripping my body. Well, it actually allready did and the spoiler barely hangs there.
    Got to figure out how to repair the body (there’s peaces missing) and how to make it strong enough to handle the spoiler.
    Or, just leave the spoiler off?

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...1-with-no-wing

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...amics-for-XO-1

If it is ripping through the body you could repair it with some drywall mesh and Shoe Goo and some washers. If you are looking for high-speed runs then I would leave it on.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post

If it is ripping through the body you could repair it with some drywall mesh and Shoe Goo and some washers. If you are looking for high-speed runs then I would leave it on.

Copied from the second link:
    ”...play with the stock wing, it cannot take any pressure. So how is it suppose to funnel and control air flow over and under the wing? It can't. It folds up, probably sooner than the windshield on the xo-1 collapses inward - think around 80mph...”

I think something like that must happen because the body cracks so badly under the wing, and after just a few runs.
    I only have done speed runs.
    So I’m not convinced it does any good. If attached firmly to the body, then maybe yes.
    But now, it’s really flimsy.
    And that’s why I ask, again, is there any real benefit to keep it with?

TRAXXAS XO-1 with no wing …………. I started this thread . good info there …………. steve
    Last edited by kzsteve; 09-27-2019 at 08:32 AM.
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post

Running this car without Shoe Goo and Fibatape is asking for trouble. I've wrecked at 70+ mph and the body is still fine. I just had to "pop" the panels back in place.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

I have ran 100 & crashed to many times and never had a wing problem . be upside down at 80 several times , still no wing trouble . what seems to be causing the problem ?

RC Competitor
    I’m working on it - strenghtening the body. Can’t get Shoe Goo here up north, but supposedly Rubber Fix is the same thing. Close enough at least. That, with shaped metal sheets should do the wing area. I hope that way the force from the wing delivers directly to chassis - without shaking and braking the body. We’ll see. Now on the kitchen table, it is really sturdy.
    It rains whole week, so maybe next week we are able to test.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BPee View Post
    I’m working on it - strenghtening the body. Can’t get Shoe Goo here up north, but supposedly Rubber Fix is the same thing. Close enough at least. That, with shaped metal sheets should do the wing area. I hope that way the force from the wing delivers directly to chassis - without shaking and braking the body. We’ll see. Now on the kitchen table, it is really sturdy.
    It rains whole week, so maybe next week we are able to test.
    Yes, Casco Rubberfix appears to be very similar to the ShoeGoo adhesive we have here in the states

if you cant get "shoe goo" , I would be happy to send you some ……… no cost to you ! ……….. steve

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    Yes, Casco Rubberfix appears to be very similar to the ShoeGoo adhesive we have here in the states
    Yes, Casco RubberFix is what we have here.
    Here’s picture inside the body with aluminum sheet installed:

Last edited by BPee; 10-02-2019 at 01:57 AM.

Nice repair job!
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Enthusiast
    I just contacted traxxas today about this since I bought mine two days ago and only ran it once yesterday, cracked at both mounts, was told to just live it with and it won’t get worse......this thing doesn’t even have a scratch on the chassis....kinda disappointed with this purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Goingdef View Post
    I just contacted traxxas today about this since I bought mine two days ago and only ran it once yesterday, cracked at both mounts, was told to just live it with and it won’t get worse......this thing doesn’t even have a scratch on the chassis....kinda disappointed with this purchase.
    I would as said , put a brace to help each side . I have what I think is 1st gen xo . it has been 108 & upside-down more times than I can count . never had a wing problem , but the new corvette body I have would absolutely destroy wing & body . not well supported at all …. but not for speed , just for looks

RC Enthusiast
    I just took my wing off to see how far the cracks went....a part fell out from hole to hole�� I’m reinforcing it as we speak.