RC Racer

Tire options for 4x4 rustler

Hi

Iím looking for a new set of tires on all four. Besides just getting stock tires what other tire/wheel options are there keeping the same gear ratio running with the stock VXL esc and motor.
    Rustler is run mostly on asphalt on 3s.

Please give some suggestions. I would like to get something that is grippy and last longer.

We had a slash 4x4 lcg a while ago and I put big block tires on it from eBay. I remember those tires held up very very well. I think I had to change the hex hubs to something bigger. I cannot seem to find those tires on eBay anymore.

I guess Iím open to changing gearing ratio / hex hubs but please indicate with the options.

Many thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Any 2.8 with 12mm hex
    Proline would be a good option
    Duratrax is another
    Or if your want you could get 17mm adapters and run 1/8 tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Hey all...
    What is the difference in M2 and M3 compound tires? Which one would hold up better to wheel spins and hard braking?
    Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Usually the lower the number the softer the compound soft compound is going to give you more grip and not last as long harder compound is going to give you a little less grip but more life

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    Any 2.8 with 12mm hex
    Proline would be a good option
    Duratrax is another
    Or if your want you could get 17mm adapters and run 1/8 tires

I'm guessing putting a set of 1/8 tires on would raise the height of the truck, right? If so, do you know by how much?

I don't run on concrete often so I find myself wanting to raise the height of my 4x4 VXL and am thinking putting bigger wheels/tires on could be the way to do it.

Is there anything else I'd need to change if I wanted to do that - like pinion/spur gear ratios or anything like that?

RC Qualifier
    Gearing down would be a good idea if you plan on getting larger tires. As for wheels/tires, look into the new belted Proline Trenchers. Good all around tire for bashing. Also not sure of the wheel hex size on the new rustler, but I would make sure to have 17mm hexes, if it doesnít already have them. This will help open up the kind of wheel/tire combinations you can use.

RC poster
    Those proline trenchers look nice, but theyíre not cheap - any more affordable recommendations??