Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroStar View Post
    Well I'm still waiting on Hobbytown to get their shipment in before I can get mine
    Grrrr! I'm hoping my LHS calls me tomorrow...otherwise I gotta wait another 5 days...back to work on Saturday.

RC Qualifier
    Not planning on getting one yet,however if I decided I was going to get one Id have to decide what parts of my collection I would part with to finance it.

RC poster
    Pick up my Maxx today the orange and blue. Got a few packs in before it got dark. Overall very happy, does hook and want to flip when turning hard. It comes up quick, not sure if is side bite on the tires or something else. Other then that most of the set up seemed pretty good out of the box. Still Adjusting to the size also since I have only had x-Maxxs the last few years.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    Grrrr! I'm hoping my LHS calls me tomorrow...otherwise I gotta wait another 5 days...back to work on Saturday.
    Wow. I had to come home tonight too. Start back to work friday evening. If I get a call tomorrow, wife will go back to Flowood and pick it up. Not sure about batteries though ?!?
    X-Maxx 8s / Maxx 4s / Rust 4x4 / TRX-4 Bronco

Wow. I had to come home tonight too. Start back to work friday evening. If I get a call tomorrow, wife will go back to Flowood and pick it up. Not sure about batteries though ?!?
    I already have some 2878s so I'm all good on that front. I also drive right past the LHS on my way to work, so if not tomorrow perhaps I can swing by Monday.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TC450 View Post
    Pick up my Maxx today the orange and blue. Got a few packs in before it got dark. Overall very happy, does hook and want to flip when turning hard. It comes up quick, not sure if is side bite on the tires or something else. Other then that most of the set up seemed pretty good out of the box. Still Adjusting to the size also since I have only had x-Maxxs the last few years.
    What exact batteries are you using in your Maxx?

Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Did you try to fit a 4s hard pack yet? Curious about that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I can jam my SMC 4S in there if I need to, but will just run it on 3S for now. I'm seriously thinking about never showing a video of it on 4S just because Traxxas me off so much by making the battery slot too narrow.
    Last edited by Double G; 10-11-2019 at 07:24 AM. Reason: language
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC poster
    What exact batteries are you using in your Maxx?
    I have zop power from Banggood. 4s 45c two pack cost about 60 bucks. I run them in the xmaxx also. I also ran some 4s 2200mah 50c from in the Maxx they are small, but I always run Velcro on the batteries and on the RC car battler tray to stop them from sliding.
    Last edited by Double G; 10-11-2019 at 08:19 AM. Reason: banned battery names

RC Competitor
    I have zop power from Banggood. 4s 45c two pack cost about 60 bucks. I run them in the xmaxx also. I also ran some 4s 2200mah 50c from in the Maxx they are small, but I always run Velcro on the batteries and on the RC car battler tray to stop them from sliding.
    That looks like a pretty good deal. I see they have a 4s 7000mAh that shows dimensions that should fit. Ever tried those in anything?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by funmoneypit View Post
    That looks like a pretty good deal. I see they have a 4s 7000mAh that shows dimensions that should fit. Ever tried those in anything?
    No I never tried them. I have two sets 4500mah zop power for total of 4 batteries. Been running them for a few months now so far so good. Also testing some XF power batteries from banggood but they just came in so I can’t report on them.

RC Champion
    Overall very happy, does hook and want to flip when turning hard. It comes up quick, not sure if is side bite on the tires or something else. Other then that most of the set up seemed pretty good out of the box. Still Adjusting to the size also since I have only had x-Maxxs the last few years.
    Videos I watched looks like springs are too soft imo. Just like my XMaxx, went up two spring rates all around and much better, left shock oils stock.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    I can jam my SMC 4S in there if I need to, but will just run it on 3S for now. I'm seriously thinking about never showing a video of it on 4S just because Traxxas me off so much by making the battery slot too narrow.
    Wait, what, my XMaxx 4s bats won't fit???

Quote Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
    Videos I watched looks like springs are too soft imo. Just like my XMaxx, went up two spring rates all around and much better, left shock oils stock.

Wait, what, my XMaxx 4s bats won't fit???
    Measure it. Gotta me 46.8mm or less in width, 43mm or less in height.

Looks like they ship to LHS first before the big online retailers. I see no mention of them on Amain or HH.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    Looks like they ship to LHS first before the big online retailers. I see no mention of them on Amain or HH.
    My lhs had two yesterday, i went in to get one walked out with a Xmaxx

RC Enthusiast
    My local Hobbytown just called and said I could come get my Maxx.
    Now I HAVE to figure out which batteries to get! I have bought 4 racing truggy 4s packs lately and I know they will not fit!
    Last edited by NitroStar; 10-11-2019 at 11:45 AM.

My local Hobbytown just called and said I could come get my Maxx.
    Now I HAVE to figure out which batteries to get! I have bought 4 racing truggy 4s packs lately and I know they will not fit!
    My Hobbytown has mine waiting now too!

I have an appointment with a renter at 4PM then I can head out and pick it up...I have the batteries charging as I type! ...So excited!

RC Enthusiast
    Great to hear. Let us know what ya think and if you run 3s or 4s lipos.

Great to hear. Let us know what ya think and if you run 3s or 4s lipos.
    Well, it was dark by the time I got back so I probably won't get to run it until next week when I have days off again.

FWIW, I do not have any 4s batteries at all so the biggest it will get is the 2878 batteries that I run in the X-maxx.

It's a beautiful truck though! It has the lights installed already too!

I didn't get to run it sadly, but I did manage to get some pics of it next to the others for size comparisons.

In between the E-Revo and the Rustler 4x4 VXL:

In the overall Lineup:

Closeup:

Last edited by USMC1984; 10-11-2019 at 08:41 PM.

RC Competitor
    Well, it was dark by the time I got back so I probably won't get to run it until next week when I have days off again.

FWIW, I do not have any 4s batteries at all so the biggest it will get is the 2878 batteries that I run in the X-maxx.

It's a beautiful truck though! It has the lights installed already too!

I didn't get to run it sadly, but I did manage to get some pics of it next to the others for size comparisons.

In between the E-Revo and the Rustler 4x4 VXL:

In the overall Lineup:

Closeup:

Was this the demo one or new stock they just got? It had the lights already installed? Was it normal price ($530 - $550)?

Quote Originally Posted by funmoneypit View Post
    Was this the demo one or new stock they just got? It had the lights already installed? Was it normal price ($530 - $550)?
    It was the dealer demo, it was $519 before I used all my $5 off coupons from previous purchases.

RC Competitor
    It was the dealer demo, it was $519 before I used all my $5 off coupons from previous purchases.
    Ok, so the demo one. Nice buy.

RC Enthusiast
    Now that's a line up! My wife went and picked up my dealer demo this evening. The pre installed Light kit is what got me to get dealer to save it for me (I'm a good customer ).

Now that's a line up!
    Thanks! I technically have two more...another Rustler and a 4-tech chassis, but they weren't nearby.

My wife went and picked up my dealer demo this evening. The pre installed Light kit is what got me to get dealer to save it for me (I'm a good customer ).
    Same here! All three LHS near me pretty much know me...maybe not by name (One does.) But they know when I walk in they can close early that day! LOL...not really, but they do know me.

Congrats on getting one, especially with lights!

You'll probably get to run yours before I do...let me know what you think!

I just realized that my flash washed out the Maxx color...in reality the orange is a deep flourescent orange...much nicer than my picture shows.

Here's a better representation:

Last edited by USMC1984; 10-11-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12