Thread: Size Comparison

RC Qualifier

Size Comparison

We've seen size comparisons with the X-Maxx - anyone have any size comparison with the E-Revo 2.0, Rustler, or the Slash??
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

They also did a size comparison with the Maxx to the Emaxx. It's in one of these new Maxx post.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    Theres a video on youtube with it next to a xmaxx and also a 4x4 rustler, its bigger the then the rustler by a decent amount but the xmaxx is 23.5ish in long and this it 21.5 with the wheelie bar so more like 20.5 to 21in long bumper to bumper. Hope that helps

RC Racer
    Last one just because that's the colorway I'm getting and I can't wait!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Perfect, thanks guys!!

RC Champion
    Just that bit too small for me. I'd hoped it would be at least emaxx sized. Never mind.
    2wd Slash VXL, 2wd Slash 9t , E Maxx 2200kv ,Trx4

RC Enthusiast
    Personally I like the size.

I see a trip to my lhs in the near future.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by crazee horse View Post
    Just that bit too small for me. I'd hoped it would be at least emaxx sized. Never mind.
    Itís virtually the same length and wheel base as the Emaxx, and slap on some proline or duratrax 2.8 mt tires and itís almost as wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleybb50 View Post
    What truck is that on the right?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    What truck is that on the right?
    I was about to say E-Revo 2.0 but noticed the shock setup is different......hmmmmÖÖ..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    I was about to say E-Revo 2.0 but noticed the shock setup is different......hmmmm……..
    That looks nothing like the e revo 2.0. Arrma Kraton 4s maybe?

RC Qualifier

Size Comparison

Appears to be an Armma vehicle. Kraton possibly as said above. Itís definitely smaller then the Erevo 2.0, the maxx that is.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    That looks nothing like the e revo 2.0. Arrma Kraton 4s maybe?
    Yes Kraton 4s

I didn't take the Pic, but I have the Kraton 4s, so I'm familiar

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    So its really a 1/8

Quote Originally Posted by Albie72 View Post
    So its really a 1/8
    The Revo/E-Revo are technically an 1/8. The Stampede is 1/10.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    It's a little smaller then I was expecting but still looks good

We can do without the innuendo. Thanks. -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-02-2019 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    The Revo/E-Revo are technically an 1/8. The Stampede is 1/10.
    Bigger than a stampede, smaller than a revo, considering the electronics/wheel size, it's closer to 1/10.

Anyone got a photo of it next to a stampede 4x4 vxl?
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    I want to see it next to a Slash 4x4
    XO-1 #4...

Quote Originally Posted by bringit View Post
    I want to see it next to a Slash 4x4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFFKsX8E1hA

RC Qualifier
    It's the same size as the arrma. Wish it was a little bigger

RC Qualifier
    I initially thought the Maxx was the eMaxx replacement but now looking at the comparison pics its clear that traxxas made this to compete with the arrma 4s line which i didn't even know existed. so maybe there is still hope for an emaxx 2.0

Id say just comparing the diff size alone, the maxx will be a much more durable than the arrma 4s line.

RC Enthusiast
    This truck is a true 1/10th. Some on here may not remember but the E-Maxx and original t-Maxx were closer to the size of the Maxx. The new E-Revo 2.0 and t-Maxx 3.3 are stretched so they are not fair comparisons IMO. This truck has my attention and may pick one up.

I finally got to run mine a bit! It's a blast...wheelies maybe too easily even on 3s...it L O V E S wheelies!

The lights are very bright too!

I didn.t get to do any jumps yet...just tearing up my neighbors yard and the paved street...it was playing in the leaves quite a bit.

Fun truck, gorgeous paint job, perfect size! I love it!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    I finally got to run mine a bit! It's a blast...wheelies maybe too easily even on 3s...it L O V E S wheelies!

The lights are very bright too!

I didn.t get to do any jumps yet...just tearing up my neighbors yard and the paved street...it was playing in the leaves quite a bit.

Fun truck, gorgeous paint job, perfect size! I love it!
    Did you keep your X-Maxx too??
    Deciding on whether I'd run the X-Maxx much if I ended up buying the Maxx! The size seems more suited to my driving locations!!

RC Competitor
    I've wanted to pick up an X-Maxx, but money and the space to run it has had me putting it off, plus new batteries...
    Though, I saw a Maxx in my local hobby store and put it on layaway..only good news is I can probably use my XO-1 3s batteries in it.

I have an E-Maxx with a MM2 in it and Big Joe 2's, so this will be something a little smaller and different.

Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    Did you keep your X-Maxx too??
    Deciding on whether I'd run the X-Maxx much if I ended up buying the Maxx! The size seems more suited to my driving locations!!
    Yes! I don't plan on selling any cars anytime soon...they all have their place.

RC Racer
    I love the size, I have a x-maxx but it’s no fun to run around my house. I need way more space then I have so I need to pack it up and make a adventure out of it. I find I never have the spare time to get out and enjoy it. Taking it camping also doesn’t work, just to big. I love it and I’m keeping it but I will definitely add a maxx to my collection and I’m guessing it will get run way more then my x-maxx

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Highroller54 View Post
    I love the size, I have a x-maxx but it’s no fun to run around my house. I need way more space then I have so I need to pack it up and make a adventure out of it. I find I never have the spare time to get out and enjoy it. Taking it camping also doesn’t work, just to big. I love it and I’m keeping it but I will definitely add a maxx to my collection and I’m guessing it will get run way more then my x-maxx
    Same here TBH!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Highroller54 View Post

I honestly don't know where you'd even put an X-Maxx in a house! Maybe a part time foot stool by the sofa?
    Then again, I already have no room for my 12-some cars, including a T-maxx, E-maxx, 3.3 Revo and 1/10 4x4 Fiesta

Quote Originally Posted by Rymesis View Post
    I honestly don't know where you'd even put an X-Maxx in a house! Maybe a part time foot stool by the sofa?
    Then again, I already have no room for my 12-some cars, including a T-maxx, E-maxx, 3.3 Revo and 1/10 4x4 Fiesta
    Same here! Right now I store them in the garage like this:

But They need to go inside. My garage is out of room as it is and I need to make room for the CNC Plasma table that's getting here in late January.

What kind of projects do you want to do when you get your new plasm table?

What kind of projects do you want to do when you get your new plasm table?
    Whatever I feel like....lol.
    First projects are parts for a pressure chamber door for resin casting and parts for the vacuum former I'm building. Then some art stuff I designed some years ago. After all that, who knows...I have always wanted one so...I finally bought one.

It will make all my future projects much easier.

The biggest challenge will be telling people NO when they want their projects cut out.

I used a plasma table a ways back, but never used a vacuum former. Looks like you will be having some fun. I bet you could not only do your serious projects, but RC bodies and parts as well. Someday, I'd like to try my hand at 3D printing.

I used a plasma table a ways back, but never used a vacuum former. Looks like you will be having some fun. I bet you could not only do your serious projects, but RC bodies and parts as well. Someday, I'd like to try my hand at 3D printing.
    I want a 3D printer, but I need to get back into being able to design in 3D, otherwise I'm stuck using whatever crappy free files are out there. I figure once I design a few things I'll get a printer. It doesn't make sense yet though because by the time I have some 3d files ready there'll be a newer, better, cheaper printer out!

it's funny, I see a similar thing with the CNC plasma tables...so many people get them thinking it's going to be a part/full time business for them, but they can't design anything so they make a ton of crappy clip-art signs and think they're gonna make a fortune...problem is there are 3-4 other guys in the same town using the exact same clip-art files!

I used to be able to design in 3d but it was for graphics, so my models didn't have to have quite the integrity since I was post-processing in a paint program. For printing, my models will need to be perfect.

I figure by the time I dig into the program it will be at least six months before I have anything worthy of printing. Once I do start on that, I have no intention of using printed parts right off the printer. I will clean and refine them by hand and then mold/cast (Pressure Chamber) parts from two-part industrial epoxy from Smooth-On. they have epoxies that are just as tough as injection molded plastics, although more costly.

With Plasma, I am very well versed and fast in CorelDraw so I'm all set there.

AS for RC bodies...I may be limited there as the formable sheets will only be 14"x 22"...so only the smaller cars...MAYBE.

I am building it for a few other projects I've been looking forward to. One project is disposable cases for my 360 cameras...I've been dying to attach these cameras to my RC cars for some action footage but the lenses bulge out and are very fragile and expensive to replace. I'm hoping a simple clamshell lense protector will be the solution...It will degrade the quality some...hopefully not too much though.

Dang, you got me all fired-up and I need to get reafy for work!

Sounds cool!