RC poster

Aluminium and optional parts for Slash 4x4

Hi boys and girls,

I've gotten myself into this awesome hobby, and after finishing up a few A-Arms I've been looking into trying replacements. I wanna do the no-clip body kit, and I am thinking of getting A arms and caster blocks in aluminium. I see loads of threads discussing various items here. What I also am looking for are replacement hex screws, hopefully more reinforced that stock. And tips regarding that?

I live in Norway and so far I have issues finding vendors shipping here. I am also a healthy skeptic, so when I see prices from hobbypart https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3301...69a32e05WMpTTQ I don't know what do think. Do any of you have any experience or insight to whether these parts are worth the price or if it will just destroy my car long term? OR, of course if you know of super awesome vendors with good parts that actually ships world wide or europe atleast, I am happy to hear it!

Thanks,
    Thomas

Welcome to the forums...

What are you doing with your Slash, bashing or racing?

Aluminum is great for supporting parts, like caster, carriers and bulkheads. But, generally, not a good idea in places where the parts take a direct shock, like the arms.

As far as hex screws go, likely your only upgrade option from the black anodized is to go to stainless, which will have less of an issue with corrosion. Recommend investing in a good hex driver kit, it will save a lot of frustration.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    Hi, and thanks! :-)

I do most of bashing. Getting in there as hard as I can! :-D

Right, I was hoping the hardened arms would cause too much stress further in, but I see your point. When you say bulkhead that is the front bumper and skid plate right?

I will get that kit right away, I have a decent one but it's more for rougher stuff.

What is your take on the no pin body kit vs reinforced shock towers?

TG

RC Qualifier
    I would get the proline clipless and aluminum shock towers as well as the rpm front bulkhead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    I would get the proline clipless and aluminum shock towers as well as the rpm front bulkhead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know a lot of people that exclusively run those proline clueless mounts. They have a clean look and are very secure mount. I have really good luck keeping the stock style clip mounts but I reinforce the body on the inside with body washers I cut from discarded bottle out of my recycle bin, which I then further strengthen with shoe-goo. Not only does it make the body extra strong at a weak point( the mounting holes ) but it also makes it fit tight and takes “the rattles” away.