Thread: Light Kit

RC Qualifier

Light Kit

Anyone have any info on when the Maxx light kit will be available??

Its obviously out there as it comes with the initial models, so I would expect it to be available when the truck officially goes on sale considering its 'tried and tested' already, yet I cant find any reference of it anywhere?
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

RC Qualifier
    I heard it's going to be 100.00 dollars

RC Competitor
    Yep, LHS told me $100. It's not just a light kit but it replaces both front and rear bumpers plus then the controller. Info I have seen states the light kit is basically a free upgrade on the first trucks coming out. Our LHS charged $100 extra for their first release truck so who knows. I would imagine it would come out relatively quickly.

RC Qualifier
    100?!

wow!

Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    100?!

wow!
    The one I just got already has the light kit installed.

I got HobbyTown's display today!

RC Competitor
    Anyone have any info on when the Maxx light kit will be available??

Its obviously out there as it comes with the initial models, so I would expect it to be available when the truck officially goes on sale considering its 'tried and tested' already, yet I cant find any reference of it anywhere?
    You can buy it on Ebay for about $100. Our LHS has it in stock but wants $120.

RC poster
    Two of us preorder the Maxx. My hobby store said they shipped with light kits if we wanted for 100. I am unsure if the hobby store paid for them if they should have came with the trucks. Any one got any ideas I that?

Quote Originally Posted by TC450 View Post
    Two of us preorder the Maxx. My hobby store said they shipped with light kits if we wanted for 100. I am unsure if the hobby store paid for them if they should have came with the trucks. Any one got any ideas I that?
    I don't know, myself and the others that have gotten them already bought the LHS display model and they seemed to all have the light kits installed.

One benefit of shopping the LHS and becoming known to them is they hook you up sometimes...like letting you buy their display models as soon as Traxxas gives them the thumbs up.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    I don't know, myself and the others that have gotten them already bought the LHS display model and they seemed to all have the light kits installed.

One benefit of shopping the LHS and becoming known to them is they hook you up sometimes...like letting you buy their display models as soon as Traxxas gives them the thumbs up.
    My LHS was selling the one with the light kit for 100 more. He would not move on the price. I just preorder the AMG 6x6 also. Both trucks paid when preorder, so I give them a fair bit of business. They know me by name, I get the impression they worry about losing the ability to sell Traxxas because of the MAP more then anything

RC Qualifier
    I thought the light kits were ďgivenĒ with the first shipments to hobby shops. Sounds like your hobby shop is trying to get more out of it then they actually paid. Not cool at all. I would have told them to keep their stuff and never return there! But that is just me. Why they want to charge you an extra $100 for something they didnít pay for is just plain out trying highway robbery!! I sure wouldnít support a place like that if it were me. If you ordered another vehicle from them, do yourself a favor and get your money back. Also let them know that they cost themselves a good customer. Again that is just what I would have done. Others have gotten theirs and Iím sure they would have been upset if they had to pay another $100 for them when the shop didnít!!! Sorry, but this kind of thing just rubs me the wrong way. Rant over.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    I thought the light kits were “given” with the first shipments to hobby shops. Sounds like your hobby shop is trying to get more out of it then they actually paid. Not cool at all. I would have told them to keep their stuff and never return there! But that is just me. Why they want to charge you an extra $100 for something they didn’t pay for is just plain out trying highway robbery!! I sure wouldn’t support a place like that if it were me. If you ordered another vehicle from them, do yourself a favor and get your money back. Also let them know that they cost themselves a good customer. Again that is just what I would have done. Others have gotten theirs and I’m sure they would have been upset if they had to pay another $100 for them when the shop didn’t!!! Sorry, but this kind of thing just rubs me the wrong way. Rant over.
    That’s why i was asking. I hate to go back to shopping online for everything, but if they want to be shady I will support other vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by TC450 View Post
    Thatís why i was asking. I hate to go back to shopping online for everything, but if they want to be shady I will support other vendors.
    How have they treated you in the past? Any other shady dealings? I would just straight up ask them what the deal is, tell them you are hearing other accounts where the light kit is included. See what they say. Interrogate if you will. I only have one LHS, luckily the guy is a good dude, but he only carrys traxxas. It's nice to be able to walk in and get what I need same day. I have to wait days to get parts shipped online for my other trucks and it is excruciating at times waiting, especially in the summer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    The light kits were supplied with the store demo models - this is to 'show off' the kit with the truck and make people want them 'as a package'.

It is up to the LHS whether they sell the demo model when the trucks are officially released to the public. A lucky few will get them, but should not have to pay extra for the light kit - that is pure greed on the part of the LHS.

The trucks that come for sale to the public will not have light kits - even if your pre-order (from what I understand). They are a separate purchase. If you do end up getting one with the light kit already on, that was one of the store demo models that they sent you, and you should count yourself lucky! Either way, if its preinstalled you should not be fooled by the LHS into paying extra - I would rather go elsewhere out of principle then give them my business.

The light kits were supplied with the store demo models - this is to 'show off' the kit with the truck and make people want them 'as a package'.

It is up to the LHS whether they sell the demo model when the trucks are officially released to the public. A lucky few will get them, but should not have to pay extra for the light kit - that is pure greed on the part of the LHS.

The trucks that come for sale to the public will not have light kits - even if your pre-order (from what I understand). They are a separate purchase. If you do end up getting one with the light kit already on, that was one of the store demo models that they sent you, and you should count yourself lucky! Either way, if its preinstalled you should not be fooled by the LHS into paying extra - I would rather go elsewhere out of principle then give them my business.
    Well said!

I'm kinda lucky as I have a LHS within about 6 miles of my house, two HobbyTowns about 25-30 miles away (In different directions, of course!), then about 4-6 more within 60-70 miles.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm kinda lucky as I have a LHS within about 6 miles of my house, two HobbyTowns about 25-30 miles away (In different directions, of course!), then about 4-6 more within 60-70 miles.
    Man, I sure would a good time looking around at 2 shops. I go in my local Hobbytown too much when I'm off as it is LOL. Owner treats me good. Got their demo model at normal $529 price.
    X-Maxx 8s / Maxx 4s / Rust 4x4 / TRX-4 Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by NitroStar View Post
    Man, I sure would a good time looking around at 2 shops. I go in my local Hobbytown too much when I'm off as it is LOL. Owner treats me good. Got their demo model at normal $529 price.
    The two nearest me look the same, but one of the stores 65 miles away used to be independent and still stocks a lot of stuff regular HobbyTowns do not.

Good buy btw! I must admit, I was expecting around $550.
    Which color did you get?

RC Enthusiast
    Orange. I think all if the first delivery demo trucks were orange. Not sure though. Looks so good I dont want to run it ha
    X-Maxx 8s / Maxx 4s / Rust 4x4 / TRX-4 Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by NitroStar View Post
    Orange. I think all if the first delivery demo trucks were orange. Not sure though. Looks so good I dont want to run it ha
    I know right? That paint scheme is gorgeous!

I'm GOING to run it though...as soon as my weekend arrives again.

RC Competitor
    I received my MAX yesterday , the light kit is included , but I was told it will be delivered in a couple weeks ? Wow that's a new one , I'm just tradeing it in for green upgrades , a light set in the middle of the front bumper just don't sound inexpensive

RC Racer
    Has anyone got a truck other then the orange one with lights included? I ordered a red truck and was wondering if I should expect it to have lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Highroller54 View Post
    Has anyone got a truck other then the orange one with lights included? I ordered a red truck and was wondering if I should expect it to have lights.
    Most of us got the LHS display models, so no, I would not expect a light kit. If you DO get one, be thankful. From what I understand the regular suppy of Maxxs will be sans lights. A $100 kit will be available.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by relic01 View Post
    I received my MAX yesterday , the light kit is included , but I was told it will be delivered in a couple weeks ? Wow that's a new one , I'm just tradeing it in for green upgrades , a light set in the middle of the front bumper just don't sound inexpensive
    Most of us got the LHS display models, so no, I would not expect a light kit. If you DO get one, be thankful. From what I understand the regular suppy of Maxxs will be sans lights. A $100 kit will be available.
    Yes, everything after the first releases do not come with lights per my LHS. I am really surprised you were told that a light kit is included. Sweet deal!

RC Racer
    Gotcha thanks guys.