RC Enthusiast

Is there a class for monster truck racing?

I heard that there was a ROAR mt class but I canít find anything about it besides the rules. Is this a thing or did It die to truggies?

RC Qualifier
    I’m not sure if there is still a ROAR class. If the rule book you referenced is current, it looks like they do. Now wether or not anyone near you is running that class is a case by case basis. That said, at the club level a lot of clubs will run a class for anything that enough people show up and agree on rules for.
    I know I see a lot of videos online from an organization called Trigger King who seem to specialize in solid axle replica racing. From what I’ve seen they run freestyle and head to head 2 up Monster truck elimination racing. Pretty meh the same format real MT stadium events run.

MT class racing died off years ago. It's usually Buggy, Truggy and Short coarse as far as offroad racing classes are.

I miss MT Class. IT was a fun class to race...
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    MT class racing died off years ago. It's usually Buggy, Truggy and Short coarse as far as offroad racing classes are.

In regards to the MT classes dying off, I miss it too. When I was a kid in ten late 80s I raced my Dad’s yz10 4wd buggy ( he had more fun building and tuning than driving ) He got me a Kyosho Hi Roller Vette (2wd monster truck in its day) so I had something to play with and bash aside from our race rig 4wd buggy. I started bringing the truck and running both classes.
    I often had more fun running the MT class. I still remember our club allowed 2wd trucks, Clod Busters, Blackfoots and such running along side the RC10 and Losi JrX2 MT conversion kits if the day. Obviously the buggy conversions were more competitive than the true “monster” MTs.
    I still remember after the popularity of this Losi and Associated started offering their own “monster” buggies. These morphed into the “truck” classes and fast monster trucks in the 90s.
    Either way, the truck classes were fun and chaotic ( with bouncy handling and top heavy turning ) It looks like after the MT class racing waned, the bashing MTs came back in popularity and are still going strong.
    But yes, I miss monster truck class racing

RC Enthusiast
    I wish I could race my maxx without making it a truggy

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboydanny43 View Post
    I wish I could race my maxx without making it a truggy
    I was sponsored and when 5 MT's didn't show for race day I had to race Truggies.... I actually placed 5th once out of 25 entries of BB truggies.... My best day, had a smile for a week!!!

All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post

Also fun to watch. Hasn't been around for so long that it's hard to even find videos of it on youtube.
    Expert rigging at it's best!