RC poster

Best all around tires for XO-1?

So basically this is my first real RC car so I don't know too much about modifying them. I opened my car and after about 15 minutes of driving, I blew out both front tires. I didn't crash it into anything but I did spin the tires quite a bit. I knew I would wear them out but definitely not this quick.

What are the best all around tires to use for the XO-1? Grip itself, to me, isn't as important as the durability of the tire. will be running mostly on asphalt. Will rarely ever go higher than 60mph. Looking for a tire I that hopefully just put on without needing further modifications.

RC Competitor
    GRP 1/8 tires and wheels will fit fine. They are a bit shorter than stock but they come in a variety of hardness and therefore you can get something that will last longer but be less grippy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

try foam tires . gone bananas has many type tires ..
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascargavin8 View Post
    So basically this is my first real RC car so I don't know too much about modifying them. I opened my car and after about 15 minutes of driving, I blew out both front tires. I didn't crash it into anything but I did spin the tires quite a bit. I knew I would wear them out but definitely not this quick.

What are the best all around tires to use for the XO-1? Grip itself, to me, isn't as important as the durability of the tire. will be running mostly on asphalt. Will rarely ever go higher than 60mph. Looking for a tire I that hopefully just put on without needing further modifications.
    What kind of road were you driving on to blow them out? Or maybe what kind of driving were you doing? I have used nothing but stock tires for all of my driving and have never blown any of them out.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

(IMO) the best (and best looking) tires are the stock ones. When I first got my XO-1 the same thing happened to me after 4 battery runs. If you do speed runs you won't have this problem, but you sound like me in that your a parking lot man...not a problem. Here's what you do.

You run a figure eight course, or you setup a course that has the same number of right turns as left. If you do that, and use the same technique going around turns as you would a full size car, you will get way better wear out of your tires. I generally get 33 to 35 (20 to 30 minute) battery runs out of mine. I generally do the figure eight using a parking lot the size and a half of a football field. Good luck!

Last edited by ReglarGuy; 10-05-2019 at 08:36 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    (IMO) the best (and best looking) tires are the stock ones. When I first got my XO-1 the same thing happened to me after 4 battery runs. If you do speed runs you won't have this problem, but you sound like me in that your a parking lot man...not a problem. Here's what you do.

You run a figure eight course, or you setup a course that has the same number of right turns as left. If you do that, and use the same technique going around turns as you would a full size car, you will get way better wear out of your tires. I generally get 33 to 35 (20 to 30 minute) battery runs out of mine. I generally do the figure eight using a parking lot the size and a half of a football field. Good luck!

Where did you get your Corvette body? I can't find it anywhere.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I like BSR foams. A lot of people go for the harder compounds like purple but i get the most traction with 25 or 30 shore or even the red compounds. For me, it's a game changer from any rubber tire I've ever used. They won't balloon either.
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky