RC poster

Best all around tires for XO-1?

So basically this is my first real RC car so I don't know too much about modifying them. I opened my car and after about 15 minutes of driving, I blew out both front tires. I didn't crash it into anything but I did spin the tires quite a bit. I knew I would wear them out but definitely not this quick.

What are the best all around tires to use for the XO-1? Grip itself, to me, isn't as important as the durability of the tire. will be running mostly on asphalt. Will rarely ever go higher than 60mph. Looking for a tire I that hopefully just put on without needing further modifications.

GRP 1/8 tires and wheels will fit fine. They are a bit shorter than stock but they come in a variety of hardness and therefore you can get something that will last longer but be less grippy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

try foam tires . gone bananas has many type tires ..
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascargavin8 View Post
    So basically this is my first real RC car so I don't know too much about modifying them. I opened my car and after about 15 minutes of driving, I blew out both front tires. I didn't crash it into anything but I did spin the tires quite a bit. I knew I would wear them out but definitely not this quick.

What are the best all around tires to use for the XO-1? Grip itself, to me, isn't as important as the durability of the tire. will be running mostly on asphalt. Will rarely ever go higher than 60mph. Looking for a tire I that hopefully just put on without needing further modifications.
    What kind of road were you driving on to blow them out? Or maybe what kind of driving were you doing? I have used nothing but stock tires for all of my driving and have never blown any of them out.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

(IMO) the best (and best looking) tires are the stock ones. When I first got my XO-1 the same thing happened to me after 4 battery runs. If you do speed runs you won't have this problem, but you sound like me in that your a parking lot man...not a problem. Here's what you do.

You run a figure eight course, or you setup a course that has the same number of right turns as left. If you do that, and use the same technique going around turns as you would a full size car, you will get way better wear out of your tires. I generally get 33 to 35 (20 to 30 minute) battery runs out of mine. I generally do the figure eight using a parking lot the size and a half of a football field. Good luck!

Last edited by ReglarGuy; 10-05-2019 at 08:36 AM.
    Better to die a man, than live like a girly-guy.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    (IMO) the best (and best looking) tires are the stock ones. When I first got my XO-1 the same thing happened to me after 4 battery runs. If you do speed runs you won't have this problem, but you sound like me in that your a parking lot man...not a problem. Here's what you do.

You run a figure eight course, or you setup a course that has the same number of right turns as left. If you do that, and use the same technique going around turns as you would a full size car, you will get way better wear out of your tires. I generally get 33 to 35 (20 to 30 minute) battery runs out of mine. I generally do the figure eight using a parking lot the size and a half of a football field. Good luck!

Where did you get your Corvette body? I can't find it anywhere.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I like BSR foams. A lot of people go for the harder compounds like purple but i get the most traction with 25 or 30 shore or even the red compounds. For me, it's a game changer from any rubber tire I've ever used. They won't balloon either.
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    I like BSR foams. A lot of people go for the harder compounds like purple but i get the most traction with 25 or 30 shore or even the red compounds. For me, it's a game changer from any rubber tire I've ever used. They won't balloon either.
    This is awesome. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by 13cobra View Post

try .. traxxas xo-1 bodies at amazon

Quote Originally Posted by 13cobra View Post

KillerBodies

try this for corvette bodies .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9kon_qw9nE

Those bodies and wheels aren't for "running" they are more for display. You can tell by listening to the video's music. The lyrics are so warm, soothing, tender and kind.