Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hop ups

RC Qualifier

Hop ups

My friend who owns a hobby shop said traxxas is coming out with a wide kit and much more hop ups

Ahh, I've a lot of friends in the community and not 1 of them find things out before Big Squid, tons of rumors always.

Traxxas is always developing new stuff.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    I trust my guy, hope so also he said the arms will come in different colors

RC Qualifier
    Rumor or not, a wide kit would be cool. A major hurdle with monster sl4sh builds I encountered is the short course length arms causing body rub to preserve parts interchange ease even with 10mm offset hot racing 17mm hubs. without the short course dimension limitation, a wider set up would bring lots of benefits.

RC Qualifier
    He owns a hobby store that is a traxxas dealer he sells 99 % traxxas.the rep told him ur not going to sell alot of parts cause the truck is a tank but there coming out with bunch of hop ups for it and one is the wide kit for 4 s and that the arms will come in different colors. I believe this truck is a big winner for traxxas

RC Qualifier
    Placeholders are visible now with the part number search...

Driveshafts...
    https://traxxas.com/search?keyword=8950

Coloured lower arms...
    https://traxxas.com/search?keyword=8930

Coloured upper arms...
    https://traxxas.com/search?keyword=8929

Alloy front C-Hubs...
    https://traxxas.com/search?keyword=8932

Alloy steering hubs...
    https://traxxas.com/search?type=All&...ms_per_page=40

Alloy rear hubs...
    https://traxxas.com/search?keyword=8952

Alloy shock caps
    https://traxxas.com/search?keyword=8964

Toe Links...
    https://traxxas.com/search?keyword=8948

Suspension Pins...
    https://traxxas.com/search?keyword=8940

Expensive stuff!
    Last edited by boosta; 10-17-2019 at 12:37 AM.

RC Competitor
    17mm aluminum hex. Traxxas 5353x.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by boosta View Post
    Expensive stuff!
    Expensive is one way to put it, yowzers!

Traxxas is going to make A LOT of money from people blinging out this car. But people with a stock set up won’t be breaking them either. Smart.
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 10-22-2019 at 04:12 AM. Reason: L

RC Qualifier
    It seems really tuff stock so far but...

Iím really looking for the metal CVDs, probably alloy C hubs having seen one of them break...(hoping the plastic hubs are solid as I much prefer bearings in plastic), and it seems from the image that the stock hinge pins are the threaded type which always back out, so Iím hoping the upgrade pins are the locknut captured type.

RC Qualifier
    I wonder if there will be a maxx ultimate with all the main hop up parts including the cvd drive shafts, for a cheaper package than individual pieces added up.

RC Qualifier
    Now youíre talking!

$27 for hingepins that don't unscrew by themselves? And $40 for adjustable steering links?
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Qualifier
    Have you found that the Maxx kingpins are actually unscrewing in your use?

I was only speculating based on what happens on the 1/10 platform, where I replace them religiously.

Same with the C hubs. Must say I was very impressed what it held up to stock in your latest vid.

Have you found that the Maxx kingpins are actually unscrewing in your use?
    The hingepins unscrew themselves, have not noticed the kingpins unscrewing.

I was only speculating based on what happens on the 1/10 platform, where I replace them religiously.
    You don't need to replace them, just thread them in from the other side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xvy263iGcU

RC Qualifier
    Shame to hear the pins do that, but not unexpected. Hopefully the upgrades are decent.

Surely they wouldnít add that much cost to an already expensive truck? Withholding a basic necessity like that is a bit of a shameful money grab in my mind.

Reversing pins works well on the rear of the slash 4x4 etc but unfortunately on the front the C hub is in the way of reversing the pins.

RC Qualifier
    Nice vid by the way. Didnít realise it was yours until later.

Also didnít think to ask, have you been able to reverse the pins that back out on the Maxx to get them to stay in?

RC poster
    nothing on mine has backed out and I have run about 25 packs in two days holding up very well minus one tire blow out so I am now running 2.5 t-maxx tires

RC Qualifier
    Good to hear that!

Any vids running the bigger tyres?

RC Enthusiast
    I'm really waiting for the clear body...don't mind the stock color for now, just want to make it my own.

Nice vid by the way. Didn’t realise it was yours until later.

Also didn’t think to ask, have you been able to reverse the pins that back out on the Maxx to get them to stay in?
    No, there's not enough room for the screw head.

RC Qualifier
    Shame that. Thanks for the feedback. Just watched your tuning vid and your right rear outer pin is backed out a little

RC Qualifier
    Just linked the RC Driver review vid in the video sticky. Great production.

He brings up a point on the hinge pins which is totally obvious in hindsight. That thereís screws holes next to the pins to capture with screw heads. Very nice!

So at least if the official hop up takes forever drill bit blanks should be able to fill in in the mean time.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycd1 View Post
    I really like your idea (not that my approval is any big deal), but I would trim your exposed threads back flush to your 17mm adaptor. (IMO) it would look nicer and be more like a factory setup.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Competitor
    I agree I am gonna trim them. I think razor and another gentleman (credit to where I got the idea) used a nut on the exposed threads to clean up the look.

RC Qualifier
    I agree I am gonna trim them. I think razor and another gentleman (credit to where I got the idea) used a nut on the exposed threads to clean up the look.

The extra nut might add a few seconds to maintenance, but if you tightened it like a jam nut it would have added security and cover the exposed threads, win-win

Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    The extra nut might add a few seconds to maintenance, but if you tightened it like a jam nut it would have added security and cover the exposed threads, win-win
    The extra nut just sits on the original threads, but the new axle uses that blue 17mm nut above, so no need to take off the small 5mm nut when you remove the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I really like your idea (not that my approval is any big deal), but I would trim your exposed threads back flush to your 17mm adaptor. (IMO) it would look nicer and be more like a factory setup.
    I was thing about that, but (IMO) putting a nut on it would work, it would add more security to the adapter; but trimming it would look a lot better, and (IMO) I don't think you would need the added security...just thinking out loud, mind you.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I was thing about that, but (IMO) putting a nut on it would work, it would add more security to the adapter; but trimming it would look a lot better, and (IMO) I don't think you would need the added security...just thinking out loud, mind you.
    Curiuose how that wide kit will work with that hub kit , this thing is top heavy , and can't corner very fast , I'm seeing, a wide kit is a must have , tried some Badlands off my Mt 410, hits the body on bumps pretty bad , so there out , needs a wide kit badly !!
    Last edited by relic01; 10-28-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by relic01 View Post
    Curiuose how that wide kit will work with that hub kit , this thing is top heavy , and can't corner very fast , I'm seeing, a wide kit is a must have , tried some Badlands off my Mt 410, hits the body on bumps pretty bad , so there out , needs a wide kit badly !!
    I'm wondering too if it's just some sort of wheel extension. Wider arms would mean longer axles most likely.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Iím hoping a wide kit might just use the longer erevo 2.0 driveshafts. Still waiting to find out if the forthcoming maxx metal shafts are the erevo2 style, (or for someone with both an erevo2 and maxx to try the bearings in the maxx hubs), but it looks enticing on paper.

If so, and Traxxas doesnít make a wide kit, Iíd bet dollars to donuts RPM or proline will.

That should bring it closer to an emaxx replacement.

RC Qualifier
    RPM better use a stiffer polymer if they want to make wide arms, heck just arms, for the Maxx, given its weight.

On the other hand Tekno and MIP are probably busy testing prototypes as we speak.

RC Qualifier
    Hopefully!

Iíve been meaning to email RPM about the possibility of them making stiffer arms for the 1/10 4x4ís too. Just a bit more material and they wouldnít wobble all over the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    RPM better use a stiffer polymer if they want to make wide arms, heck just arms, for the Maxx, given its weight.

On the other hand Tekno and MIP are probably busy testing prototypes as we speak.
    I wish Tekno made aftermarket arms for other companies like Traxxas. Their plastic is by far the best I've ever had experience with. Totally rigid, but stretches before it breaks, and their arms are thick and light. Must have something special in their sauce.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Heard traxxas is making the wide track

RC Qualifier
    Hopefully!

I’ve been meaning to email RPM about the possibility of them making stiffer arms for the 1/10 4x4’s too. Just a bit more material and they wouldn’t wobble all over the shop.
    The rustler 4x4 and slash 4x4 ultimate arms are great alternatives to the rpm for the 1/10 4x4s. The flex just enough yet strong enough to hold it on 4s for me.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks mate, just trying them now actually. They do seem a good balance between the two. Iím a little reserved as Iíve heard some reports about them breaking very easily, but Iím hoping theyíll go well for me.

RC Champion
    17mm aluminum hex. Traxxas 5353x.

What do you use to tighten the wheel hex on with?
    Last edited by summitbasher240; 11-05-2019 at 11:37 PM.
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

Quote Originally Posted by summitbasher240 View Post
    I'm using the AKA 17mm T-handle, works perfectly and is as big as you can and still fit in the tire.

https://amzn.to/2NpCwo6

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by summitbasher240 View Post
    There is a pin under the stock plastic hex. When you take the out the new aluminum hex comes with a pin/setscrew that's goes through the shaft and the hex. Then as far as the tire any 17mm hex tool you have or usually I just use my 17mm craftsman socket.

RC poster
    So I’m all in , the steel drive lines are on order. I’ve broken the outer half right rear twice now. I’ve been having a great time with the truck and other than the stock fans the driveline is definitely a weak point in my truck. I’ve also busted the battery hold down and the front bumper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast