Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hop ups

RC Qualifier
    When I had the xmaxx I changed the shock oil to 50 wt and vg racing springs.the truck handled great just fig a set up

RC Enthusiast
    I was in the middle of converting my Slash 4x4 into a monster (2.8 Badlands MX, Monster Fusion body, etc) when the Maxx became available. Needless to say, this all came to halt and the Slash went back to being a normal shortcourse truck once I started running my Maxx. This is fortunate because I didn't like how the Slash monster looked and performed during those initial runs.

My steel CVDs are scheduled to arrive today so I'll know by the end of the weekend if this was a good decision!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    Maxx has the exact same wheelbase as a Slash, and I don't think that was an accident.
    I thought my maxx looked very similar next to my slash im going to go look right now. very interesting...Ö...

RC Qualifier
    Razor, Iíve seen a pic of a slash body on the Maxx. Looked ace! Iím really keen to try fit my proline bash armor monster slash body. Thatíd look awesome I reckon but as for mounting? Iím thinking itíll take dedicated 3D printed parts. I prefer the lighter narrower body but that is tempting.

Albie, i love the VG springs on the GTRs. Emailed VG and they said they had no plans to make Maxx springs The stock springs seem pretty good though.

RC Qualifier
    Boosta vg would be stupid if they didn't make them .

RC Qualifier
    Maybe heís looked at the stock ones and didnít think he could improve them? They do seem pretty solid, and the new 1.7ís should be more so.

I was pretty desperate for the VG springs on the GTRs, not so much for the Maxx. Be great to see what VG could do though.

RC Qualifier
    While weíre talking options, anyone have further thoughts on the 8983 and 8984 parts pictured below? They look like a plastic center spool and output shafts.

I keep racking my brain trying to figure out the intention behind them.

The thinner output shaft (that goes to the rear diff pinion) looks like it connects to the spool with a pin. So that, and the plastic splines for the center shaft adapter, would probably be the weak points.

So that makes me wonder how much load it would take? Could there be a twin 550 brushed Maxx coming? . Kidding obviously.

But it really makes me wonder what the intended purpose of these is?

What kind of model would use the Maxx platform, but not need as much load capability at the center diff / spool???

Iíd like to try an ultra lite build but I canít think of that many other areas to save weight anyway.

I think the new wide maxx kit comes with stiffer rear springs, so you can try those if you're looking to stiffen up the rear. You could always run that on the back, and move rear springs to the front for stiffer overall.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

Quote Originally Posted by boosta View Post
    While we’re talking options, anyone have further thoughts on the 8983 and 8984 parts pictured below? They look like a plastic center spool and output shafts.

I keep racking my brain trying to figure out the intention behind them.
    Maybe there's a version with a slipper on the spur gear and the bottom center diff is replaced with a fixed gear.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Qualifier
    I was actually presuming the X-Maxx slipper would fit. Canít remember why I was presuming that. I know I was looking at it but canít remember if I looked too hard. Will have another look when I get the chance.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BashedNotBeat View Post
    I thought my maxx looked very similar next to my slash im going to go look right now. very interesting...…...
    The price point of a max being almost the same as a slash ultimate is no coincident either.

The 1/10 4wd sc/mt/truggy market is extremely saturated with more and more Far East based brands being able to undercut the existing brands by not having a US and Europe operation, I imagine Traxxas had to find a new market while still making the budget 1/10 line in production for entry level buyers.

The anti-Traxxas people are in for a rude awakening what will happen to their beloved brands if industry wide standardization becomes too much of a thing and the Nero type fiasco is not discouraged.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123