RC poster

Vxl binding issues

I have a slash that I purchased as an xl5 and burned up the titan right away . I bought a vxl 3s and dropped it in but the optional gearing from the xl5 (23/86) seems the bind up the motor making extra pressure on the motor shaft and killing momentum. How can fix?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NefariousVIP View Post
    I have a slash that I purchased as an xl5 and burned up the titan right away . I bought a vxl 3s and dropped it in but the optional gearing from the xl5 (23/86) seems the bind up the motor making extra pressure on the motor shaft and killing momentum. How can fix?
    This might sound over simple, but did your Titan 12 have an extra plastic spacer in the motor mount . Some of them do. Itís like a black plastic shim that sits between the motor mount and the motors and could be preventing you from adjusting the mesh in your gearing. If that spacer is installed and you put in that gearing I almost guarantee it is making your mesh too tight.
    The XL5 model I just picked up used has this spacer in it and with the spacer installed you can only use the 16/90 gearing, it wonít allow you to adjust. Slide that spacer out and you can adjust mesh to allow more gear selection . I hope that helps
    Last edited by Dakratfink; 10-06-2019 at 12:36 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Also, I swear this spacer does NOT appear on the Slash exploded view. Part 3691( or 3691a) is the transmission case on the schematic. But the piece I’m taking about does not show up on the diagram.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    This might sound over simple, but did your Titan 12 have an extra plastic spacer in the motor mount . Some of them do. Itís like a black plastic shim that sits between the motor mount and the motors and could be preventing you from adjusting the mesh in your gearing. If that spacer is installed and you put in that gearing I almost guarantee it is making your mesh too tight.
    The XL5 model I just picked up used has this spacer in it and with the spacer installed you can only use the 16/90 gearing, it wonít allow you to adjust. Slide that spacer out and you can adjust mesh to allow more gear selection . I hope that helps
    It definitely does I will remove that and try again tha k you

RC Qualifier
    I’m hoping this worked for you .

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    Iím hoping this worked for you .
    I have not had the chance to run it yet , but it definitely seems to have freed up thank you for your quick response