Thread: VXL Body on 4x4

RC Enthusiast

VXL Body on 4x4

Seems to be slim pickins when it comes to any body besides the stock ones for the 4x4. Does the Rustler 4x4 VXL fit onto the 4x4 Rustler?

VXL or brushed, does not matter. Same body.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    awesome! at least that gives me a couple more options to work with!

You can also pick up a clear body, and either paint it yourself, or have someone paint it for you.

Alternately, if you've willing to spend additional money, you could swap out the stock shock towers for the Slash 4x4 towers (in doing so, you lose the clipless body mount system...which, honestly, isn't very good anyway). By going this row, you open the possibility of other bodies (but NOT the Slash bodies, as they're approx 1.25" longer). This is the route I'm currently going, and I'm using a body designed for the Jato (which had a wheelbase close enough to the Rustler 4x4 that it works).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    You can also pick up a clear body, and either paint it yourself, or have someone paint it for you.

Alternately, if you've willing to spend additional money, you could swap out the stock shock towers for the Slash 4x4 towers (in doing so, you lose the clipless body mount system...which, honestly, isn't very good anyway). By going this row, you open the possibility of other bodies (but NOT the Slash bodies, as they're approx 1.25" longer). This is the route I'm currently going, and I'm using a body designed for the Jato (which had a wheelbase close enough to the Rustler 4x4 that it works).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    Thanks for the info!

Know of any good painters....

Quote Originally Posted by RustlerRookie View Post
    Thanks for the info!

Know of any good painters....
    I paint my own bodies. But, if you want to try painting your own, yet still have a "custom" look, in addition to their clear bodies, Traxxas also does wow a few ProGrafix bodies. They're extremely simple to paint, and you end up with a "custom" paint job...seriously, check it out.

~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Competitor
    But, if you want to try painting your own, yet still have a "custom" look, in addition to their clear bodies, Traxxas also does wow a few ProGrafix bodies. They're extremely simple to paint, and you end up with a "custom" paint job...seriously, check it out.
    Apparently Traxxas spells these as "ProGraphix" (I got a little confused when I searched the site for ProGrafix and came up empty). I did not dig too far, but it does not look like they offer the "ProGraphix" bodies for the Rustler 4x4 just yet... but I could be wrong. I do see that they offer a fully clear body tho PN 6717.

--BillJ
    Last edited by Single_Trac; 10-10-2019 at 09:14 AM.

I paint my own bodies. But, if you want to try painting your own, yet still have a "custom" look, in addition to their clear bodies, Traxxas also does wow a few ProGrafix bodies. They're extremely simple to paint, and you end up with a "custom" paint job...seriously, check it out.

Yeah this is a good option and like you said, it's simple to paint. Also they look great and there no need to buy many colors, with just one can of paint and it's possible to make many of them, though they are not too costly.

I'm sorry guys, I don't want disturb anyone here but since a week or so now, I have leave you a message in your private box but I can see that it is unread, so please Panther can you contact me.

Also welcome to the Forum RustlerRookie and good luck with your project.
    Good driver. Bad setup. Bad things will happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Single_Trac View Post
    Apparently Traxxas spells these as "ProGraphix" (I got a little confused when I searched the site for ProGrafix and came up empty). I did not dig too far, but it does not look like they offer the "ProGraphix" bodies for the Rustler 4x4 just yet... but I could be wrong. I do see that they offer a fully clear body tho PN 6717.

--BillJ
    Not yet! I've seen ProGraphix for the Rustler but not for the 4x4 Rustler...pins versus whatever the new latching system is called. FWIW, I love the two paint schemes the 4x4 has...I have one of each.