RC Qualifier

The lastest Stampede

Just something for the lonely Stampede forum.
    I've been racing a lot of Slash and Rustler and tangling tires,
    so I decided to put on some fenders.
    It's the same extended Stampede rig you've seen before. It is Slash sized.
    I got this shell with a Slash 4x4 I bought. Someone had blow-torched it!
    I love the shell! I've added the swirly and further distressed the look.

I love my Stampedes, especially this one. I pass the 4x4's all day long...

RC poster
    Nice work! I've been noticing how generational the bodies are from one Stampede to the next. I thought it was just decoration at first, but it's clear that Traxxas is trying to reinforce these puppies for better life.

RC Qualifier
    That’s very Mad Max. I love it. Did you add the Slash numbers when you extended it, as well? It looks pretty cool .

RC Qualifier
    I usually run an E-Maxx body on the extended chassis to fit the +2 1/2" of wheelbase.
    The Slash, or in this case HPI SC, bodies fit too, More or less. I hack the fenders BIGTIME!

I haven't bought a stock Stampede body in 6 years. I run Rustler shells and New Brite.
    You can get them way lower(bottom of body flush or below bottom of chassis.
    The one below is my mostly stock truck. It's the gf truck/spare truck.

But this thread is about the Slash-o-pede. Having a blast racing the 4x4 Slash and Rustlers.
    I am getting banged around a bit though. Also the other day we had some rain during our run...
    Yep, lotsa mud, EVERYWHERE!!!. It was fun though!!! But gotta make a belly pan...

The lastest belly pan here, my biggest yet at 139grams, prototyped in 0.018 Alum.
    I'll make one in Lexan eventually. It will also act as body side support/nerf bars.
    The extra weight has only helped the traction and handling. Its all down low.
    Also I don't bounce off the heavy Slash 4x4 half as bad now, lol.

There's the latest BIG BAD belly pan. It's no where near that pretty anymore.
    The two rectangular tabs are to mount the inner wheel wells when the snow starts to fly.

RC Qualifier
    Well the pan shown above is gone. Mostly I make them to be disposable.
    They are glued on with RTV to stiffen the whole rig so taking them off for repairs usually hurts them.
    The first extra large pan succumbed extra fast to vibration and cracking at the weak spots.
    For the next one I played around with the angles to continuously double the edges.
    I reduced the sides and cut over all weight to 117 grams.

I also added a layer of aircraft aluminum, crimped and RTV'd inside the front...

and rear impact zones. Ad 11 grams for those 2 pieces. Still down 11 grams overall.

This is my best pan yet. It's super rigid on it's own and really stiffens the whole rig.
    Once screwed and glued in place there is a very noticeable change in the performance.
    The best part is that the driveshafts last a long time because they stay clean.
    I've just about killed my output shaft bearings but the shafts are barely worn!
    Last edited by fortunespoonz; 11-29-2019 at 09:28 PM.

RC Qualifier
    That is one story looking Stampede rig. Very impressive.
    My stock XL5 powered stampede is still one of my favorite RCs to drive.
    There is just something so fun about it.

RC Qualifier
    I have heavily modified rigs but I always keep one close to stock.
    That one with the black shell is great fun!

RC Qualifier
    Re: your NewBright bodies. I have New Bright Grave Digger shell on my 1/16 revo and it looks fantastic