RC Competitor

My fans are ruined

Hey, guys, my fans have been sounding bad on my Xmaxx for a while. So just the other day I opened up the ESC and that fan is fine then I checked the motors fans one of them is fouling against the case and the others blades are completely chewed up (to the point that there are no fan blades at all). My question is what fans/shroud do you guys run in your Xmaxx. In your answer please clarify if it was plug and play or if you needed some modification. Sorry for the long question.

Thank you bashing
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

RC Qualifier
    If you have the stock motor I would get a castle dual 2028 fan
    If you go to the what did you do to your xmaxx today post the first page is all about how to do the install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I made my own CF plate and put 2 40 or 30mm Yeah Racing fans on it. Canít remember which. Much better than the stock castle fans.

Somehow builds are never done....

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I made my own CF plate and put two 40 or 30mm Yeah Racing fans on it. Can’t remember which. Much better than the stock castle fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    If you have the stock motor I would get a castle dual 2028 fan
    I tried both, and they both work well. Both need for you to do work, but the dual Castle fans require the least amount of work for installation. The trick to keeping any fan you use running good (besides getting good quality fans) is keeping them clean and lubed. If your fans are getting chewed up, the trick for that is cutting away the plastic intake coverings (Castle fans) and replacing it with window screen material. If done properly you'll get years out of your fans instead of months.

Last edited by ReglarGuy; 10-10-2019 at 04:17 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Competitor
    Thank you guys for the help. I run a stock 1200 XL motor so will I need to take off the shroud it comes with?
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.