Thread: Drive Axles

RC poster

Drive Axles

I reversed the axles and yokes for the track condition here at our little track. Our track is near a body of water here in Florida and the dirt is a sandy mixture with little clay. We run a tri-oval track with three totally different turns. We water the night before racing and blow off the leqves before each race. The sand would 'drop' down the tube end and bind up the suspension. I reversed them about a year ago and they are requiring less maintenance. We run a near spec class of Slash. We allow some RPM replacements and some aluminum on the casterblocks (bend those pins!), stock tires, ESC. We are just a bunch of old-timers havin' FUN!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MCuddy View Post
    I reversed the axles and yokes for the track condition here at our little track. Our track is near a body of water here in Florida and the dirt is a sandy mixture with little clay. We run a tri-oval track with three totally different turns. We water the night before racing and blow off the leqves before each race. The sand would 'drop' down the tube end and bind up the suspension. I reversed them about a year ago and they are requiring less maintenance. We run a near spec class of Slash. We allow some RPM replacements and some aluminum on the casterblocks (bend those pins!), stock tires, ESC. We are just a bunch of old-timers havin' FUN!
    That’s a clever and fascinating mod

RC Enthusiast
    Sounds fun, wish I had more people near me who wanted to race..