RC poster

Lightbulb Thunder tiger K-rock Body for Summit?

Hi does anyone know if the Thunder Tiger K-rock body will fit the summit they look really similar.

Do the measurements line up? Do the math...

I just looked it up...they do look similar, but my question would be why subject yourself to the possible headache if they look the same?

I could see trying a different body that brings a whole new look...that might be worth the headache but not for the same look as long as the Summit body is available.

...Just my .02.
    Last edited by USMC1984; 10-11-2019 at 11:16 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    Do the measurements line up? Do the math...

I just looked it up...they do look similar, but my question would be why subject yourself to the possible headache if they look the same?

I could see trying a different body that brings a whole new look...that might be worth the headache but not for the same look as long as the Summit body is available.

...Just my .02.
    Why be so negative? Each person has there own reasons. It's called a hobby for a reason. The OP asked if it would fit, not why he shouldn't do it. It also resembles the Pro-line Apocalypse body which is discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGears View Post
    Hi does anyone know if the Thunder Tiger K-rock body will fit the summit they look really similar.
    You would probably need to change body post mount locations on the body. As for a direct swap, I don't think it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Why be so negative? Each person has there[their] own reasons..
    Likewise, each person has their own opinions!

RC Qualifier
    They do! But how did your response answer the OP's question? I thought this community is about helping someone with their ideas or achieve their goals, whether or not you would do the same. It's more helpful to try to answer questions, give ideas than give personal opinions on why not to do something.

RC poster
    The main reason why I'm asking is because the Pro-Line Apocalypse body is discontinued.

RC Qualifier
    Techno, you could probably get it to fit. Looks like the K-Rock body mounts on the body itself and not through the exo-skeleton. Would just need to put in new mounting holes. It seems to be close in size. I like the look of the top lights, more of an off-road look.

RC poster
    Were you able to get this body to work? I think I would get it for the same reason - no way to get the Pro-Line Apocalypse body anymore.