Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TpParts RcXtreme's MAXX - Pic,vid etc

Havnt been here for years..been running FLM emaxx,stampedes, 4s 4x4 stampedes, 1/12 4x4 stampede by TpParts RcXtreme ��..and so on. Sold them, got in to ARRMA for 5 years, all them sold ( 23 )..due to Xray racing..

BUT..i never thought i would say this...WOOOOW, about the all new Maxx...feel free to visit my YT, to see how i use my car..imagine the Maxx there ? Or.

TpPartsRcXtreme HardCore Basher YOUTUBE

Thomas
    Last edited by Thomas P; 10-11-2019 at 11:24 AM.
    TpParts RcXtreme | Xray XT8e 2019 | MAXX 4s

I have no idea how you use your cars or what your YouTube channel is but I can say that I personnally can't wait to get the new Maxx.

Just added the link above, sorry buddy.

RC Enthusiast
    Hey Thomas! I've watched a lot of your vids and understand what you are saying. I own Arrma and Traxxas currently. The Maxx handling is going to feel very sluggish compared to an Arrma vehicle BUT it is a monster truck and will feel like a super fast monster truck on steroids. I have an X-Maxx and a Kraton and love them both. I enjoy each RC for what it is meant to be. Race style, monster style, trail and crawler style, and even 10th scale buggies. Love them all. If you get the Maxx, just remember to be thinking "fast MONSTER truck".
    X-Maxx 8s / Maxx 4s / Rust 4x4 / TRX-4 Bronco

RC Qualifier
    I just took mine out on 3s all it does is wheelies.runs nice and smooth and handles great

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Albie72 View Post
    I just took mine out on 3s all it does is wheelies.runs nice and smooth and handles great
    Great to hear! Just ordered two 4s lipos but might just run mine on 3s all the time and use the 4s batts in the X-Maxx.
    X-Maxx 8s / Maxx 4s / Rust 4x4 / TRX-4 Bronco

RC Qualifier
    3s is fast enough

Quote Originally Posted by Albie72 View Post
    3s is fast enough
    I agree, I don't even have any 4s batteries...not even for the X-Maxx.

I got mine but it was dark by the time I got home so no running...I gotta wait until next week.

Size wise it's fits right in between the Rustler 4x4 and the E-Revo...love it!

RC poster
    Simple answer yes would be awesome to see you bash this where you go I bet it would take on those steep packs with ease

Well, we will see

RC Qualifier
    Also traxxas will have parts till u get old and gray lol

Wow, this is very close to the kind of truck I was looking for a few years ago. I got back into RC with various friends and family members. I went with a Stampede 4x4. Most of my friends and family members started with something similar in size but many eventually took the leap to 1/8th scale with vehicles like the E-Maxx and E-Revo. I simply kept upgrading my Stampede 4x4 instead. I was always apprehensive about making the jump to 1/8th scale because every time I would go bashing with friends or family it was always their E-Maxx or E-Revo that would break 5-10 minutes into a bashing session. One bad jump and all of a sudden something is binding or grinding inside, etc. Meanwhile my upgraded Stampede 4x4 was always able to do bigger jumps and take harder hits without breaking. It always seemed just as fast as the bigger vehicles also.

But despite all that it was always a bit of a downer when I'm using a truck that is much smaller what a friend or family member is using. I compromised by converting my primary Stampede 4x4 into a Slash 4x4 Monster Truck. The longer wheelbase made it much closer in size to an 1/8th scale vehicle. I used an E-Maxx truck body, put in a Mamba Monster X with a Castle 2200kv 1515, and run on 4s using two 2s packs stacked in the battery tray running in series. Kept all of my upgraded RPM and MIP parts. I was able to get a vehicle that was "almost" 1/8th scale while retaining the ease, simplicity, reliability, and lower cost of the Stampede 4x4 / Slash 4x4 / Rustler 4x4 platform. It's been an awesome truck and what seems like the perfect size.

This new Maxx truck seems to really fill the same void that I had to fill myself by making my Stampede 4x4 / Slash 4x4 hybrid monster truck. Size in between a Stampede and an E-Revo, 4s using electronics usually found in 1/8th scale vehicles, etc. I might have gone with this truck if it was released a few years ago, and even today it really makes me wonder how it would directly compare with the Slash 4x4 MT that I have now.

My only issues with the Maxx from what I have seen:
    - $600 or so (after tax, etc) is a bit steep.
    - 4S with plastic shafts?
    - Battery tray that looks like it might even be smaller than the battery tray on my Slash 4x4 chassis.
    - Parts. Looks like a brand new design with all new parts - Are these going to be easy to find? Will parts be expensive? How long until aftermarket parts will be available? In comparison you can find parts, both stock and aftermarket, for the Slash 4x4 / Stampede 4x4 / Rustler 4x4 platform basically anywhere.
    - Body / body mounting design. Looks like an interesting body and nice that it adds some support but I'm not really a fan of the look and not sure how quick custom bodies will be available using this new body-mounting design.
    - Strange wheel/tire size. 2.8" but using 17mm hex. 2.8" Stampede 4x4 wheels mostly use the smaller hex size so those won't work. 3.8" E-Maxx/E-Revo wheels are still larger so not sure they will work. So looks like limited wheel/tire choices unless you mod the vehicle to use different wheels.

It will be interesting to see the platform mature as more people use the Maxx and more aftermarket parts become available. I still eagerly look forward to the day that I can directly compare one to my Slash 4x4 MT.
    Last edited by GotNoRice; 10-16-2019 at 12:40 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    Wow, this is very close to the kind of truck I was looking for a few years ago. I got back into RC with various friends and family members. I went with a Stampede 4x4. Most of my friends and family members started with something similar in size but many eventually took the leap to 1/8th scale with vehicles like the E-Maxx and E-Revo. I simply kept upgrading my Stampede 4x4 instead. I was always apprehensive about making the jump to 1/8th scale because every time I would go bashing with friends or family it was always their E-Maxx or E-Revo that would break 5-10 minutes into a bashing session. One bad jump and all of a sudden something is binding or grinding inside, etc. Meanwhile my upgraded Stampede 4x4 was always able to do bigger jumps and take harder hits without breaking. It always seemed just as fast as the bigger vehicles also.

But despite all that it was always a bit of a downer when I'm using a truck that is much smaller what a friend or family member is using. I compromised by converting my primary Stampede 4x4 into a Slash 4x4 Monster Truck. The longer wheelbase made it much closer in size to an 1/8th scale vehicle. I used an E-Maxx truck body, put in a Mamba Monster X with a Castle 2200kv 1515, and run on 4s using two 2s packs stacked in the battery tray running in series. Kept all of my upgraded RPM and MIP parts. I was able to get a vehicle that was "almost" 1/8th scale while retaining the ease, simplicity, reliability, and lower cost of the Stampede 4x4 / Slash 4x4 / Rustler 4x4 platform. It's been an awesome truck and what seems like the perfect size.

This new Maxx truck seems to really fill the same void that I had to fill myself by making my Stampede 4x4 / Slash 4x4 hybrid monster truck. Size in between a Stampede and an E-Revo, 4s using electronics usually found in 1/8th scale vehicles, etc. I might have gone with this truck if it was released a few years ago, and even today it really makes me wonder how it would directly compare with the Slash 4x4 MT that I have now.

My only issues with the Maxx from what I have seen:
    - $600 or so (after tax, etc) is a bit steep.
    - 4S with plastic shafts?
    - Battery tray that looks like it might even be smaller than the battery tray on my Slash 4x4 chassis.
    - Parts. Looks like a brand new design with all new parts - Are these going to be easy to find? Will parts be expensive? How long until aftermarket parts will be available? In comparison you can find parts, both stock and aftermarket, for the Slash 4x4 / Stampede 4x4 / Rustler 4x4 platform basically anywhere.
    - Body / body mounting design. Looks like an interesting body and nice that it adds some support but I'm not really a fan of the look and not sure how quick custom bodies will be available using this new body-mounting design.
    - Strange wheel/tire size. 2.8" but using 17mm hex. 2.8" Stampede 4x4 wheels mostly use the smaller hex size so those won't work. 3.8" E-Maxx/E-Revo wheels are still larger so not sure they will work. So looks like limited wheel/tire choices unless you mod the vehicle to use different wheels.

It will be interesting to see the platform mature as more people use the Maxx and more aftermarket parts become available. I still eagerly look forward to the day that I can directly compare one to my Slash 4x4 MT.
    The wheel size is not that unusual. For example Proline makes quite a few trenchers, badlands etc in 2.8inch wheel and 17mm in mt format, as does duratrax. Most 1/8 buggy wheels should fit too.

Well, a over all diamater of 3.6" the 2.8" tires aint an option...the classic badlands 3.8 will be perfect...

On 6s and using the self right system on tarmac and asphalt etc, BSRC didnt break any shafts..the optional alu/steele costs mpre then 2 kidneys...if i just brainstorming, alu c block front..maybe the steele cvds..but in sweden they are 140$

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas P View Post
    On 6s and using the self right system on tarmac and asphalt etc, BSRC didnt break any shafts..
    The Maxx hasn't been out that long, so your truck is obviously still pretty new. The plastic CVDs on my Stampede 4x4 didn't break either - until they broke. It's a longevity issue mostly. If you run your Maxx hard, and a year from now you're still using the same plastic shafts, then that would indeed be something to be impressed about. On my 4s Stampede/Slash 4x4 MT I've run the same metal MIP CVDs for over 7 years now and they still look brand new.

I am sorry sir, BSRC stands for Bigsquid Rc. I do not have the truck, but i am temted as few.

RC Qualifier
    Well, a over all diamater of 3.6" the 2.8" tires aint an option...the classic badlands 3.8 will be perfect...
    What do you mean by overall diameter of 3.6”?

The Rim( Wheel it self ) is like a SCT wheel... outer 2.8 inner 3.6

The actual whole tire is 5.5" 140mm in diamater... and a classic 3.8 Badland from Proline is only 9mm bigger

RC Qualifier
    The Rim( Wheel it self ) is like a SCT wheel... outer 2.8 inner 3.6
    I have to check that when I get home but I’m not sure about that.

Are you saying the 2.8 inch wheel 17mm hex wheel/tire combo like proline PRO1012518 won’t work on the Maxx?
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 10-17-2019 at 04:45 PM.

RC Racer
    There's a few wheel combos tried in this Amain vid. About 2 mins in...

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    I have to check that when I get home but I知 not sure about that.

Are you saying the 2.8 inch wheel 17mm hex wheel/tire combo like proline PRO1012518 won稚 work on the Maxx?
    You can see on pictures, and the wheel tire spec

Wheels Diameter:2.8 / 3.6 inches (71 / 91mm)

It can also be seen clearly, that it has way mpre profile on the outside, then the inner
    Last edited by Thomas P; 10-18-2019 at 02:09 AM.

RC Qualifier
    You can see on pictures, and the wheel tire spec

Wheels Diameter:2.8 / 3.6 inches (71 / 91mm)

It can also be seen clearly, that it has way mpre profile on the outside, then the inner
    Huh, you are indeed correct. It is in that case a bit of an odd ball size.

Now I知 leaning back toward the e revo...

But if you check video above, tires wont be any problem ::

Hopefully Proline or someone will make Maxx wheels so we can mount our own tires.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Qualifier
    But if you check video above, tires wont be any problem ::
    True but it does limit things for those of us with a pile of 2.8 proline mt tires. That was the nice thing with monster slash builds, you can use SC tires, 2.8 MT tires, 1/8 buggy wheels, etc with the right axle/hub. It値l take some time for aftermarket but hopefully with this and the UDR using similar wheels, that moves quicker.

I would love to see Proline to make 3.2" again

I would love to see Proline to make 3.2" again
    You and me both. I constantly check Ebay to see if I can find some new old stock that happens to pop up. They are the perfect size for smaller 8th scale trucks and larger 10th scale trucks. I have a few 10th scale trucks with full metal drive lines and stout diffs that will handle 3.8s, but they are just a little too big, 3.2s are perfect, just can't find them anymore with the exception of Panthers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    You and me both. I constantly check Ebay to see if I can find some new old stock that happens to pop up. They are the perfect size for smaller 8th scale trucks and larger 10th scale trucks. I have a few 10th scale trucks with full metal drive lines and stout diffs that will handle 3.8s, but they are just a little too big, 3.2s are perfect, just can't find them anymore with the exception of Panthers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Me to, hard as few to find..had a Masher 3.2 set, but followed the car..well no car here in Sweden yet but i hope soon..will be awsm to see it in oerson, feel and even test it st the local hobbyshop.

RC poster
    Should you buy the all new maxx??? YES!!! Here is why, this truck is incredibly strong I have bashed it hard as I could on 3s and on 4s and yes other brands do fit the chassis here is what I am using lectron pro 4s 50c 5200mah I jumped off a hill today multiple times just to try to break something the hill is about 30ft high and at top end 55ish mph landing all sorts of ways this truck held up with not one single broken part by the end of the day. I kept thinking bye bye plastic gear servo bye bye plastic drive shafts but to our amazement not one single part failed other than a wheelie destroying 3/4 of one of the tires sidewalls... this truck is by far bash worthy!!!!! Best purchase in rc in years and I am die hard traxxas fan. 18 years of rc 80% of which is traxxas I have bashed them all hard and raced quite a few! But this is by far my new favorite besides my original 2.5 T-Maxx of course! Also I would like to mention the innovation in the plastic traxxas is using in this truck is Astonishing! I won’t need rpm rc products for this beast plus the parts in different colors! Now quit saying that this truck is too expensive as it is one Traxxas tough truck!
    Last edited by 01BMW740iL; 10-21-2019 at 03:55 AM.

I think or it seems lile it handles good amount of beating, ive seen aome jump 4 feet, amd broke a wheelaxle, C hub..and then on 6s it takes tarmac selfcorrection..no damage, o big airs. Ive been doing this for 37 years, and used to run multiple Traxxas cars to, and the all new Maxx looks like a new era.

RC Competitor
    Picked up my Maxx yesterday. I could've had an E-Revo 2 for less money but I think this thing is engineered better/tougher.
    My very first upgrade is the 17mm splines and nuts for the wheels. I also think this truck is probably thee best investment in surface rc right now and will cannibalize sales from other traxxas cars along with their competition.
    Interesting business model to watch take shape. The base truck won't break but will sell/move lots of bling for traxxas and many others. Can't wait to see all the mods coming..

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    I have to check that when I get home but I知 not sure about that.

Are you saying the 2.8 inch wheel 17mm hex wheel/tire combo like proline PRO1012518 won稚 work on the Maxx?
    The front carriers will need 10mm offset min to run 2.8 rims. The ID size of the stock rims is bigger than 2.8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

RC Qualifier
    I’m really hoping these come down a little in price, but still I don’t think I could build a 4x4 Slash monster conversation to this spec for much less .

RC Racer
    Sorry posted in wrong thread.

RC Competitor

On 6s and using the self right system on tarmac and asphalt etc, BSRC didnt break any shafts..the optional alu/steele costs mpre then 2 kidneys...if i just brainstorming, alu c block front..maybe the steele cvds..but in sweden they are 140$

2.8 proline

2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

Well, i said when i did see it for the first time online "Woow" and i never thought i would say that. I passed by my local hobbyshop and looked at the Traxxas MAXX in person..looked,felt and tested.
    I like it!, i liked how it felt to drive...a lot

RC Competitor
    Well, i said when i did see it for the first time online "Woow" and i never thought i would say that. I passed by my local hobbyshop and looked at the Traxxas MAXX in person..looked,felt and tested.
    I like it!, i liked how it felt to drive...a lot

Life is good!!!!

2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

Well its decided, il get one. Il wait a while

RC poster
    Anyone know where I may be able to find a roller or slider of the maxx truck?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by customRustler01 View Post
    Anyone know where I may be able to find a roller or slider of the maxx truck?

Jenny痴 RC usually does the chop shop thing. Maybe not yet, but I知 sure it値l happen.

Somehow builds are never done....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast