New steel diff design for 1/10th Traxxas 4x4, Is it real?

I stumbled on this article but with real backing to validate it. Does anyone else know about this or it is likely fake?

https://rogershobbycenter.com/news/2...tial-announced

The part number is TRA6780. Several online retailers have it (although, not AMain, who I usually order from). You can also order it direct from Traxxas, as I did. I'm just waiting for it to be delivered, as it was just ordered.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Sweet thanks, do you plan to post about it maybe with pictures? I was actually looking for a metal center diff for the MERV when I found the article. Still haven't found one.

RC Qualifier
    Has anyone tried it? Can it handle 3s?

This could be better than the slipper if it stands up to higher voltages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I was wondering why arenít any reviews about this, didnít knew that is new product. I like center diff on my other cars, it would be great upgrade for my slash

Yes, I will be posting, including photos. I'll creating a new thread, under the Rustler 4x4 section...once I've finished my "conversion" project. I'm not giving any specifics yet, so you'll just have to be on the lookout.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

People on the Slash 4x4 group on Facebook have been talking about that part for awhile. The people who have run them seem to be very pleased with it.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

I hope you can use the plastic spur gears from the 4x4 Rustler also.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    I hope you can use the plastic spur gears from the 4x4 Rustler also.
    Don't think so. The spur on the slipper uses a 3-bolt, while the center diff uses a 4-bolt. Last I checked, "squares" and "triangles" don't work well together. If you're bashing, you'll probably want to stick with the slipper. If you use you vehicle on a track (as I do), then the center diff is a better way to go...tho, you'll also need to replace your pinion - I recommend Robinson Racing hardened steel pinions.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Don't think so. The spur on the slipper uses a 3-bolt, while the center diff uses a 4-bolt. Last I checked, "squares" and "triangles" don't work well together. If you're bashing, you'll probably want to stick with the slipper. If you use you vehicle on a track (as I do), then the center diff is a better way to go...tho, you'll also need to replace your pinion - I recommend Robinson Racing hardened steel pinions.

Are you saying that the diff canít handle 3 / 4s?

I thought there was a plastic center diff for the Rustler 4x4 already. Does the MAXX have a 4 bolt spur?

I already run an all metal center diff in my Monster Slash 4x4. I was hoping to try this one for the front bias and see how it worked.
    Last edited by zedorda; 10-11-2019 at 02:57 PM.

The Platinum comes with a center differential (with plastic cup) as an accessory in the package. The one referenced above is using a metal cup which can be had separately: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/6781

Last edited by Double G; 10-11-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by ati View Post
    Are you saying that the diff canít handle 3 / 4s?

Not what I was saying. I was just referring to the number of bolts holding the slipper version of the spur together, compared to the center differential version.

As Double G was pointing out, there are two different version of the center diff - one with a plastic cup, the other (TRA6780) with the metal cup. For those with the plastic cup version, they can "upgrade" to the metal version, using TRA6781.

Last edited by Panther6834; 10-11-2019 at 03:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    So if Iím having stock center diff i can upgrade with hd(steel) diff cup and use stock spider gears? Sorry for dumb question, just wanted to make sure xD.

Quote Originally Posted by alexsasax View Post
    So if Iím having stock center diff i can upgrade with hd(steel) diff cup and use stock spider gears? Sorry for dumb question, just wanted to make sure xD.

This new diff doesn't use the same spider gears at all.
    Last edited by zedorda; 10-14-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    The Platinum comes with a center differential (with plastic cup) as an accessory in the package. The one referenced above is using a metal cup which can be had separately: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/6781

So this new diff doesn't have a plastic spur gear option at all? I like having the metal diff cup but I rather keep the spur gear plastic.

RC Qualifier

New steel diff design for 1/10th Traxxas 4x4, Is it real?

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    This new diff doesn't use spider gears at all.
    Thanks for clarification, I asked because i am donít want to use metal spur gear. As I can see from linked diff it comes with metal spur. I hope it is same as stock spur for plastic center diff?
    Edit:
    Didnít seen second post.

Last edited by alexsasax; 10-14-2019 at 01:31 PM.