RC Racer

Soft case tight fit?

Hello... Just got my first soft case battery and had to squeeze it in. Is that normal? Both ends feel like there is foam. I just don't want to damage battery squeezing it in.

Quote Originally Posted by OtisWhitestone View Post
    Hello... Just got my first soft case battery and had to squeeze it in. Is that normal? Both ends feel like there is foam. I just don't want to damage battery squeezing it in.
    What battery are you using? Personally, lipos kind of scare the sh*t out of me, but the performance is worth it in the end I guess. I have a couple of soft case batteries. One is a lectron 3s 5200mah, and itís a bit of a squeeze. I havenít had any issues.

That said, I do like the idea of the hard cases a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    SMC 4800 mAh 3s. They had them in sale.

RC poster
    I cut out the plastic "wall" in the battery tray, below where the esc is mounted, in my rustler to make more room to fit a venom 5400ma 3s battery. You can always stuff a styrofoam block or something to fill the gap if removing the plastic wall makes it too big for your battery.

RC poster
    The way it fits now with my soft case lipo is still snug like you are experiencing. The only problem I had was one of my balancing wires on my lipo broke off, probally because of the tight fit. Now I just have 1 pc. of gorilla tape wraped around the wired end of the battery to protect it. No issues since..

A tight fit can be bad but if careful is usable. As long as they are no sharp or pointed elements around it. If a cell of the soft pack gets punctured the battery is unsafe to use any longer. But it is best to have some space for the battery to swell just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    A tight fit can be bad but if careful is usable. As long as they are no sharp or pointed elements around it. If a cell of the soft pack gets punctured the battery is unsafe to use any longer. But it is best to have some space for the battery to swell just in case.
    I like the idea of having a little buffer room for swelling. Mine are snug, with the foam. But thereís definitely room for swelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk