Thread: Servo help

RC Enthusiast

Servo help

I need some help with steering server's. I picked up 3 used e revo 2.0. Each one only has a single steering servo in them. My question is is a single steering servo strong enough. These are the server's each one has.
    Savox SA-1230SG
    Savox SW-0231MG
    Traxxas high torque 330
    Are these strong enough to be single steering servo's. I never have felt with after market servo's or dual servo's. Thanks for any help.

RC Qualifier
    The stock Traxxas servo 2075 is rated at 125 oz-in torque each. E-revo 2.0 has two 2075's for a total of 250 oz-in in stock setup. Compare the 250 oz-in to what you have, anything over that is stronger. One or two servo's is of personal preference. One servo can be stronger than two and can be easier to maintain alignment.

RC Qualifier
    The 1230sg is plenty with 6v giving 500oz of torque, the 0231 may be a little underpowered with only 208oz of toque at 6v, you may want to upgrade it. The traxxas one is plenty as well. Anything with about 300oz of torque will do just fine. 2 out of the 3 you have will be great. The 0231 may need to get one more to make it work well. As said, stock ones have 125oz of toque each, so 2 will give you 250oz of torque, and they do an okay job, with 300oz or more, you have good turning power. Hope this helps and enjoy the trucks!!

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the help!!!!! Now I get to tell the wife I need to spend money on my rc car

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the help!!!!! Now I get to tell the wife I need to spend money on my rc car

RC Qualifier
    I have some spare steering servos, both originals and upgraded ones that would be perfect.
    Let me know if you are interested....
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir