RC poster

Strange noise and how to align pinion gear

Hi, I have a traxxas e-revo 2.0 and I am having some little problems...

1. when I am running it at high speeds, I hear a pretty loud high pitched whining noise. Does anyone know what this is, if it is normal, and how I can fix it.

2. My spur gear and pinion gear aren't lined up correctly as one of the two is moved more towards one side. How do I align this properly and how do I move it?

thanks.

RC Qualifier
    First it sounds as if your slipper clutch is loose. You need to turn the nut on the end of the slipper clutch in to tighten it.
    Second, you can loosen your pinion gear with an Allen wrench and move it to match up with your spur gear. Just make sure you have enough shaft to tighten it back down. You can also flip the gear around if you need to get more shaft to tighten the pinion gear back down. And for reference, the pinion gear is the small one. Not a bad idea to read your manual to help with these things.

There is no slipper clutch in the 2.0. It has a cush drive and a center diff. It's possible that your high pitch noise is coming from your improper pinion/spur mesh. It is hard to diagnose without more specifics. I would get your gearing properly set up to eliminate that, then go from there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    ok. thanks for your help. here's a video of the sound:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/184987.../shares/sXx3ur

hope that this will help you understand the noise...